Enjoy a Italy Teaching Placement with us. If you’re looking for a chance to immerse yourself in small town Italian life, experience real Italian culture, practice some Italian and teach English to local Italians then please get in contact to check our availability. Mother Tongue English speakers ONLY, please.
Ciao! We’re looking for Native English speakers who want to have a real, small town Italian experience! We run a number of Direct Method English Language Learning Centres in the area of Tuscia, Alto Lazio in Italy. Very central, easy to get to and a great way to experience the real community life of our small medieval Italian villages.
You’ll have your own accommodations, generally a small apartment, or if not then a hosted room close to our Centres and you’ll be expected to do around 5 to 6 hours of fun teaching 6 days a week.
We arrange pick up and drop off and make sure you settle into your new environment.
Using the Direct Method English program you don’t need to be a “qualified” teacher, just mother tongue English and the teaching is a lot of fun!
We require a minimum commitment of 6 weeks, so we can ensure continuity to our students. If this sounds like something you’d be interested in please get in touch providing us with details about yourself, your other HelpStay experiences, when you’d be available and any other information that you think may be able to help us make a decision.
Thanks for taking the time to read this info and we hope to hear from you soon!
Italy Teaching Placement – Quick Checks
Hours & roster: Approx. 30 hours per week
What’s included? Free Accommodation and all meals
What’s NOT included? Flights, visa & volunteer travel insurance
Selection process: Message us about your relevant experience, why you’d like to volunteer & the dates you would be available
Italy Teaching Placement – Help Required
We’re an Aussie family living in a small medieval town in central Italy. We operate a small English school that provides conversational English to local Italians.
- We like to provide a range of native speaking English teachers with various accents and so we seek volunteers from English speaking countries around the world to stay with us for a minimum of 1 month and maximum of 2 months.
- We’ve had 4 successful volunteers over the past year and we love the variety and interest it brings to our daily life.
- If you’re looking for a chance to immerse yourself in small town Italian life, practice some Italian and teach English to local Italians then please get in contact to check our availability.
Hours & Roster
- Between 4 to 6 hours a day teaching during the week and 2 hours a day cooking / cleaning. Weekends free.
Sleeping: We have room for singles or couples only, 1 or the other at any one time. Sleep in our spare bedroom, with double bed.
Linen & Laundry: We have laundry facilities.
Eating: We provide 2 meals a day and they help themselves to breakfast. We ask you assist with preparing meals and cleaning up afterwards.
Transport: Nearest international airport is Fiumicino or Ciampino. Take a train to Orte Train Station and then either a bus to Soriano nel Cimino or we can collect them from Orte.
Italy Teaching Placement – Amenities & Preferences
- Over 18, both males and females welcome. Older volunteers welcome too.
- Must be native/fluent in English.
- 1/2 place available, for single or couple.
- It’s a great way to improve your Italian and learn the culture of Italy.
- Free Wi-Fi is available.
More Volunteering Opportunities
- Farm Volunteering & Living in Argentina
- Teach English Chile
- Backpacker Hostel Work Stay in Arica, Chile
- Teach Ecuadorian Students English (Ecuador)
- Rainforest Lodge Volunteering Ecuador
- Coffee Shop Assistance Ecuador
- Hostel Work Exchange Santiago, Chile
- Make Craft Beer Ecuador
- Volunteer Peru Free – See South America
- Horse Riding on an Estancia in Argentina
- Learn Horse Polo in Horse Argentina
- Enjoy Ranch Garden Helping in Chile