Fancy a Malawi Teaching Placement? We are a community orientated backpacker lodge that runs our own private primary school to educate all the children of our staff at the lodge. We are trying to give the kids a top quality international education. The school has 17 kids in three classes and we teach in English.
Malawi Teaching Placement – Stay Overview
Malawi Teaching Placement – Quick Checks
Hours & Roster: 30 hours a week, weekends free
What’s included? Accommodation & full board. We will also pay for visas & transport from the international airport in Malawi to us and back
Selection process: Message us about your relevant experience, why you’d like to volunteer with us & the dates you would be available. Prove to us that you’ve read through our profile & your profile must be complete (description and photo)
Malawi Teaching Placement – Tasks & Roles
The school has 17 kids in three classes – reception class, year 1 and year 2. We teach in English. We need qualified teachers to teach a class in the school for a minimum of three months and maximum ten months. We have Malawian teachers also that volunteers will work with but we require international volunteers to add the international part of the education. We provide all the resources needed and have a set curriculum to follow. The school is a five minute walk from the lodge and starts at 8 am and closes at 2 pm, we provide lunch at the school for children and staff.
All other free time such as weekends and school holidays, the volunteers will be free to explore the area and relax at the lodge with access to water sports etc.
Our website (MayokaVillageBeachLodge.com) is only about the lodge and doesn’t have information about the school, but will give you an idea of the area and who we are.
Malawi Teaching Placement – Living
Sleeping: We provide a private teachers house within the lodge.
Linen & Laundry: Linen included or bring your own. Laundry facilities available.
Eating: All meals are for free and alcoholic drinks are staff price.
Transport: Nkhata Bay is on the Northern lake shore, 48 km from the capital of the Northern region Mzuzu. 400 km from Lilongwe, 400km from the Tanzanian border. We will also pay for visas & transport from the international airport in Malawi to us and back.
Malawi Teaching Placement – What Else…
- We accept males, females & couples volunteers.
- Teachers are welcome to come with a partner or friend as long as they are willing to share the house and pitch in either at the school or the lodge.
- Own travel insurance recommended.
More Volunteering Opportunities
- Self-Sufficient Living with a Family in Czech Republic
- Help Making a French Eco Home (We Make Everything Ourselves)
- English language Academy Helping in England
- Join our Instructor Training Scheme in England
- Be a Nature Park Helper in Crete, Greece
- Live in a Meditation Centre in England
- Surf Hostel Volunteering in Ireland
- Finland Guest House Helping
- Teach English in Italy this Summer with us
- Join Our Centre (Spiritual Courses and Festivals) in Sweden