Enjoy a Sri Lankan Farm Stay. Come and stay with us while helping us with our farming activities. We welcome your ideas, creativity and energy and in return we offer homely meals and accommodations.
Sri Lankan Farm Stay – Quick Checks
Hours & roster: 20 hours/week, you decide how much
What’s included? Accommodation and all meals
What’s the cost? We ask for USD $15 a day towards the sustainability of the farm, house & living
What’s NOT included? Flights, visa & volunteer travel insurance
Selection process: Message me about your relevant experience, why you’d like to volunteer & the dates you would be available
Sri Lankan Farm Stay – Help Required
Our farm is located on 5 acers of coconut land in the middle of coastal town Bentota. You can help in some of the following areas. Farm activates include:
- Cow, buffalo and pig raring.
- Horticulture and market preparation.
- Coconut farming & coconut oil.
- Milk related food production.
- Bio gas unit.
- Organic fertilizer unit.
- Other local food production such as dehydration of fruits and vegetables.
Hours & Roster
- We are happy to work with your schedule and preferences.
Sleeping: Our house is nothing homely and our lifestyle is simple life style. We have a spacious Bed room that can accommodate 4 persons at once with a private bath room.
Linen & Laundry: We have laundry facilities.
Eating: We provide you with delicious homemade meals. Please let us know in advance of any special dietary requests.
Transport: We are situated 1:45 mins by car from Bandaranaike International Airport, Colombo. On confirmation of stay, we can advise on how best to get to us.
Sri Lankan Farm Stay – Amenities & Preferences
- Over 18, both males and females welcome.
- We welcome older volunteers and families too.
- We welcome all of you who are interested to experience a farm house living.
- Free Wi-Fi available around the farm house and Laundry facility.
- Bicycles for you to ride around Bentota city.
- Five minutes’ walk to the bus stop.
- Spacious garden and plenty of parking spaces.
More Volunteering Opportunities
- Handyman & House Maintenance in Belgium
- Italy Teaching Placement
- English Tutoring in Hungary
- Summer Camp Assistant Italy
- Swedish Bakery & Farm Helping in Sweden
- Self-Sufficient Living with a Family in Czech Republic
- Help Making a French Eco Home (We Make Everything Ourselves)
- English language Academy Helping in England
- Join our Instructor Training Scheme in England
- Be a Nature Park Helper in Crete, Greece