Be part of an international group of volunteers who serve amazing courses & festivals, and grow through various spiritual practices! Come learn vegan vegetarian cooking.
As a volunteer here you have the opportunity to serve your own personal development but also the development of the many hundreds of participants who join our courses and festivals throughout the year.
Service to the participants means giving the gift of providing a warm, safe, clean and nourishing environment through our work as kitchen and housekeeping volunteers.
In so doing, you will be given the chance to develop personal, interpersonal and practical skills that support a more sustainable way of living. You will also experience life in a spiritual, international community, with an exciting program of daily activities: yoga, meditation, dance, art & creative workshops, learn vegan vegetarian cooking, spiritual workshops, movie nights, women/men circles, open stages, etc.
Our FEES Explained
- Volunteer helpers only pay for the first month. It’s 10€/night the first 2 weeks, then 5€/night the next 2 weeks. Once they completed that initial month, it becomes free of charge for as long as they stay.
- If a helper returns to Ängsbacka at another time the same year, they are considered returning volunteers and don’t have to pay again.
Tasks & Roles With Vegan Vegetarian Cooking Centre
During the course season, we need:
- Volunteers in the housekeeping team
- Volunteers in the kitchen team.
- Experienced & qualified volunteer chefs, carpenters, masons, electricians, plumbers
During festivals we need volunteers in the following teams:
- Kitchen & Learn vegan vegetarian cooking
- Site & safety
- Media & marketing
- Sound & light
- Reception & booking
- Team coordination
- Child care
Accommodation & Living –
Vegan Vegetarian Cooking Centre
Accommodation is in 4 to 6 beds dorms inside a well heated building and with access to hot showers.
The closest city is Karlstad, which you can reach by bus or train from Oslo, Stockholm, Gothenburg and other cities. From Karlstad there is a bus that brings you directly to Ängsbacka. We do not offer pick up.
Volunteer service at Ängsbacka is based on 5 hours of work per day, with 2 days off per week during the course season, and 1 day off per week during festivals (with the benefit of joining festival workshops).
Minimum stay is 2 weeks. We ask for payment for the 1st month of your stay, then it becomes free of charge.
You will receive 3 vegetarian (vegan & gluten free options) meals per day, as well as 2 “fikas” (morning & afternoon snacks). You will have access to the volunteer activities program, as well as to various facilities (café, music studio, sauna, lounge area).
We have WiFi. We are a 100% drug & alcohol free environment, so you will be asked to leave immediately if you are found in possession or under the influence of those. Ängsbacka is easily accessible by public transport. The closest city is Karlstad.
The language of communication is English, but volunteers also speak Swedish, French, Dutch, German,…
Arrival day is Wednesday only 🙂
We recommend that you have your own travel insurance.
More Volunteering Opportunities
- Farm Hand and Hostel Work Stay in Ireland
- Join our Hostel in Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina as a Volunteer
- Help around our Hostel in Northern Ireland
- Experience Off-Grid Living & Druidism in Ireland
- Be a Care Assistant with us (France)
- Glamping Site Construction Helping France
- Work Accommodation Food France
- Kazan Hostel Volunteering Russia
- Volunteer in Russia as a Camp Leader
- Be a Helping Hand at Summer House Poland