Our ranch offers horse boarding services, year-round camping, horseback riding outings & carriage rides. Join us as a volunteer on a horse ranch in America.
Live the dream on a beautiful Ranch with lots of trails to explore. We own around 30 horses, cats, dogs and chickens.
Your work consists of mocking out in the mornings, feeding the animals, fixing things around the barn and whatever needs to be done on a given day. You will stay in a shared private apartment with other workers, shared kitchen, bathroom and a common living area.
In your spare time you can ride and work the horses, swim in our pond, read or drink a cup of coffee. We Also like to show you around to places nearby, such as Niagara Falls, Buffalo and the Amish community, etc.
Volunteer on a horse ranch in America – tasks & roles
We need help with our horses, cleaning the stalls and whatever needs to be done on a given day. Hours varies, there might be more work on one day and the next day you can relax again:)
You will live in a shared private apartment next to the main house. You share kitchen, bathroom, common are with other workers. Food will be provided, along with other things you might need.
We can pick you up from Buffalo Airport and bus station.
Volunteer on a horse ranch in America – What else?
Providing top-of-the-line care and convenience is the number one priority at Boyd Family Ranch.
Located in Otto, NY, we are close proximity to Ellicottville, NY’s Amish Trail, Allegany State Park and only an hour’s drive from Downtown Buffalo, NY.
Featuring 110 acres of marked trail riding, you and your horse don’t have to travel in order to enjoy some quality time together! Learn more about everything we have to offer and contact us to see how we can help your horse today.
Own travel insurance recommended.
Volunteer in United States opportunities
- Help with general maintenance and household chores (North Carolina)
- We require a Live in Housekeeper & Yoga Enthusiasts (California)
- Organic Farm Living, Learning & Helping (Hawaii)
- Come Build a Self Sustaining Off Grid Home
- Help on a Vegan Organic Garden in Hawaii (United States)
Volunteer in North America opportunities
- Live and Work in a Remote Wilderness Environment in Canada
- Join our fighting with the poor 10 month program (Caribbean & Belize or Ecuador)
- Help on a Vegan Organic Garden in Hawaii, United States
- Mexican Hostel Helping
- Dominican Republic Hostel Volunteering
Posts by us
- Considering volunteering in Sri Lanka? Meet Giuliana who can help you do just that!
- What you need to know before renting a motorbike in Vietnam
- Everything a woman travelling alone in Jordan needs to know
- My experience of volunteering in Laos and what you need to know
- Six backpacker hostels to stay for free in Europe – if you volunteer
Join our Volunteering Abroad Community on Facebook. It’s a group to ask questions, share your experiences, and meet other volunteers. See you there >>