Fancy Mexican Hostel Helping? We are looking for an on-site volunteer to help with the daily tasks – managing reservations, showing the people around, answer all questions from the guests and promoting the hostel. In return, you can stay free in our hostel based in a surfing paradise.
About 30km north of Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo on Mexico’s gorgeous Pacific coast is a small gathering of surf spots known as Ondas Hermosas. We built our retreat in the heart of this area removed from the tourist hustle and meters from the sand. Like the locals, our hostel has a relaxed natural atmosphere but also offers state-of-the-art amenities and full-service comfort.
We are not the average hostel.
Mexican Hostel Helping – Stay Overview
Mexican Hostel Helping – Quick Checks
Hours & roster: 25 hours a week, 2 days/free
What’s included? Free hostel accommodation & restaurant meals
Selection process: Message us about your relevant experience, why you’d like to help with us & the dates you would be available. Prove to us that you’ve read through our profile & your profile must be complete (description and photo)
Mexican Hostel Helping – Tasks & Roles
We are looking for an on-site volunteer to help with the daily tasks – managing reservations, showing the people around, answer all questions from the guests and promoting the hostel.
Mexican Hostel Helping – Living
Sleeping: Free accommodation in our luxurious hostel.
Linen & Laundry: All linen and towels supplied. Laundry facilities available.
Eating: Free food from restaurant.
Transport: You can arrive by car, bus or taxi. Bus is the cheapest, longest and possibly the most interesting option. The cost from the Airport is around 100 pesos. When you exit the airport terminal, walk to the entrance and you will find a small combi bus stop. The combi bus will take you into Zihuatanejo. Anywhere along Highway 200 you can pick up a north-bound bus to Lazaro Cardenas. When you board the bus, tell the driver you want to get off at the Troncones intersection. Just by saying the name, “Troncones” should be fine. When you get off the bus at the intersection, there is a combi shuttle that comes up the road. Board the combi and stay on until you come to the “Y” off the beach road. Get off and walk down our short road.
Mexican Hostel Helping – What Else…
Amenities & Preferences
- Accommodate up to 1 volunteer at any one time.
- Male and female helpers accepted.
- Travel insurance recommended.
- 18 + age preference.
- Surfing mecca: The Troncones area boasts many world-class surf spots known to surfer’s worldwide. The closest surf spot called Troncones Point is directly in front of the Hostel.
More Volunteering Opportunities
- Organic Produce Farming Australia
- Hostel Volunteer Work Australia
- Help with Clearing, Planting & Building in Australia
- Volunteer on a Permaculture Project in Tasmania, Australia
- Work Accommodation Food France
- Kazan Hostel Volunteering Russia
- Volunteer in Russia as a Camp Leader
- Be a Helping Hand at Summer House Poland
- Free Hotel Stay France (Swap your DIY Skills)
- Belgrade Hostel Volunteering in Serbia