Fancy Mexican hostel helping? We are looking for an on-site volunteer to help with the daily tasks – managing reservations, showing people around, answering all questions from the guests, and promoting the hostel. In return, you can stay for free in our hostel based in a surfing paradise.
About 30km north of Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo on Mexico’s gorgeous Pacific coast is a small gathering of surf spots known as Ondas Hermosas. We built our retreat in the heart of this area away from the tourist hustle and meters from the sand. Like the locals, our hostel has a relaxed natural atmosphere but also offers state-of-the-art amenities and full-service comfort.
We are not an average hostel – join us and check by yourself!
Mexican Hostel Helping – Stay Overview
Mexican Hostel Helping – Quick Checks
Hours & roster: 25 hours a week, 2 days free
What’s included? Free hostel accommodation & restaurant meals
Selection process: Message us about your relevant experience, why you’d like to help with us & the dates you would be available. Prove to us that you’ve read through our profile & your profile must be complete (description and photo)
Mexican Hostel Helping – Tasks & Roles
We are looking for an on-site volunteer to help with the daily tasks – managing reservations, showing people around, answering all questions from the guests, and promoting the hostel.
Mexican Hostel Helping – Living
Sleeping: Free accommodation in our luxurious hostel.
Linen & Laundry: All linen and towels supplied. Laundry facilities available.
Eating: Free food from restaurant.
Transport: You can arrive by car, bus or taxi. The bus is the cheapest, longest and possibly the most interesting option. The cost from the Airport is around 100 pesos. When you exit the airport terminal, walk to the entrance and you will find a small combi bus stop. The combi bus will take you to Zihuatanejo. Anywhere along Highway 200, you can pick up a north-bound bus to Lazaro Cardenas. When you board the bus, tell the driver you want to get off at the Troncones intersection. Just saying the name, “Troncones” should be fine. When you get off the bus at the intersection, there is a combi shuttle that comes up the road. Board the combi and stay on until you come to the “Y” off the beach road. Get off and walk down our short road.
Mexican Hostel Helping – What Else
Amenities & Preferences
- Accommodate up to 1 volunteer at any one time.
- Male and female helpers accepted.
- Travel insurance recommended.
- 18 + age preference.
- Surfing mecca: The Troncones area boasts many world-class surf spots known to surfer’s worldwide. The closest surf spot called Troncones Point is directly in front of the Hostel.
SafetyWing is the world’s first insurance made for nomads, by nomads. Get global travel medical insuracje. Get Insured >>
More Volunteering Opportunities
- Help to renovate a house while volunteering in Puerto Rico.
- Build and experience an off-grid homestead while volunteering in Kentucky, USA.
- Help this family as an au pair in California.
- Organic Produce Farming Australia
- Hostel Volunteer Work Australia
- Help with Clearing, Planting & Building in Australia
- Volunteer on a Permaculture Project in Tasmania, Australia
- Work Accommodation Food France
- Be a Helping Hand at Summer House Poland