Be a part of a one-of-a-kind artistic and spiritual sanctuary at the Eastern edge of breathtaking Wonder Valley!
Volunteer in California – requirements & tasks
Rancho de la Libertad is in its infancy: we just purchased the property in July of 2022, and there is much work to do to achieve our vision of a self-sustaining, low-impact sanctuary for artists and others who seek creation, expression, and connection with others and the land.
We have many simple projects:
- Maintenance of the fence around 6 acres that we just built
- Renovating a 1976 Airstream International to use it as a guest house
- Converting an existing structure to a greenhouse
- Minor renovations to the ranch house on the land
- Expanding our current driveway (unpaved) to allow for more parking
- Maintenance of the existing art studio and assisting with the building of a new one
- Assisting with the building of a sweat lodge
- Assisting with the clearing of the brush to make room for structures and gardens
In the coming years, there will be many more projects including artistic projects, help with animals, garden planning and planting, the planting of trees and other greenery, and so on. But for now we’re just looking to start facilitating a community here and turning land that’s been unused for decades into something that teems with sustenance.
Come with experience building, maintaining, renovating, landscaping, or none! We’re happy to teach you anything you need to know. We look forward to having you!
Volunteer in California – what we offer
Until the Airstream project is finished (scheduled to be completed by March of 2023, earlier if we have help) we’re happy to host travelers in a public sleeping space in our home (a living room with a pullout couch) or you can “rough it” in camping gear we can provide.
Once the Airstream is completed, there will be more living quarters available. Travelers with travel trailers, campervans and RVs are welcome as we have hookups directly behind the house and a dump site available.
Other volunteering opportunities in North America
- Help with marketing & bike tours while volunteering in Florida.
- Volunteer in a hostel in Banff and explore Canada
- Volunteer on a ranch in New York State, United States
- Live in a self-sufficient EcoVillage while volunteering in California
- Help out in a glass factory as a volunteer & experience island life in Hawaii.
- Care for ponies & help with stable chores while volunteering in Canada.
- Volunteer in Hawaii for 1 year in return for living in paradise.