Our little ranch is 46 acres of pasture and trees. If you enjoy quiet life far from the city, this is the place for you.
Volunteer on a ranch in New York State – requirements & tasks
There are a lot of different things to do depending on the season. We garden, make maple syrup from our trees, we make wine from our wild grapes and blueberries. We do crafts involving gemstone polishing, leather work, and jewelry making.
You can help with the animals or in the house according to your own preference.
We require a 1 month stay and about 15 hours of help a week. Working hours are flexible and if it’s a good fit, you can extend your stay.
Volunteer on a ranch in New York State – what we offer
We will provide full board and there is a lightly furnished room available with a bed. We can make more furniture available on request. There is also a larger room available if needed.
Enjoy country-style living with us and learn!
Other volunteering opportunities in North America
- Live in a self-sufficient EcoVillage while volunteering in California
- Help out in a glass factory as a volunteer & experience island life in Hawaii.
- Care for ponies & help with stable chores while volunteering in Canada.
- Volunteer in Hawaii for 1 year in return for living in paradise.
- Volunteer on a family farm in Ontario, Canada and learn where your food comes from.
- Learn about organic gardening & permaculture while volunteering in Canada.
- Help with guests and explore the USA while volunteering in California.
Posts by us
- Combining volunteer work with travel makes for a fulfilling retirement
- Volunteering and its Surprising Health Benefits
- Travelling with a visual disability? Here’s all you need to do (and know) to plan a trip
- Six amazing places in Portugal where you can stay for free – if you lend a hand
- Five amazing places to stay for free in Ireland – if you volunteer
- Volunteer honeymoon in Thailand – a meaningful start to married life
- Considering volunteering in Sri Lanka? Meet Giuliana who can help you do just that