We have a beautiful 5 units bed and breakfast in Kealakekua Bay, Hawaii. Help us as an inkeeper and live in paradise!
Volunteer in Hawaii – requirements & tasks
We need a person to clean and help us manage the beautiful property in Hawaii. The job consists of monitoring check ins /check outs and keeping the place clean and organized. If you can cook, it will be a plus. We hope to start offering daily breakfasts soon. The job is suitable for a single, mature, responsible woman, retired or working from home.
You need to have basic computer skills are required to access a user-friendly booking engine, respond to emails and take phone calls. You will need a good physical condition and a kind personality, professional house cleaning experience will be great too.
The job is available now, ideally with a 1-year minimum commitment requested. The work-load is about 25 hours per week. We would prefer a single woman, but are open to couples. Small pets may be accepted on a case by case basis.
Any experience or skills related to cooking, spa services, business administration, or retreat planning would be highly valued.
Volunteer in Hawaii – what we offer
Compensation includes a furnished apartment on site with gorgeous views and use of the spa: swimming pool, hot tub, sauna. Monetary compensation available above a certain number of hours.
The innkeeper’s quarters is on the second level of the main house, on a separate floor than the guests’ rooms. The innkeeper stays in a private bedroom with a shared bathroom, kitchen, and laundry room. You will have plenty of privacy. You may use the synthetic-chemical-free pool and hot tub. Your room is bright and cheery with lots of fresh air, a comfy double bed, and a desk. There is lots of beautiful common space to enjoy: a balcony with an ocean view, pool desk, sprawling green lawns, and a cozy lobby/reading nook with a nice view of the sunset.
Other volunteering opportunities in North America
- Volunteer on a family farm in Ontario, Canada and learn where your food comes from.
- Learn about organic gardening & permaculture while volunteering in Canada.
- Help with guests and explore the USA while volunteering in California.
- Help needed with llamas; Volunteer with animals in Texas, USA.
- Volunteer in Quebec. Help to run a BnB and learn about the process.
- Help with farming and building projects in Canada; volunteer in Quebec.
- Volunteer off grid in Canada. Help run an accommodation business in the north!
- Help at a B&B in Canada and live in a mountain town.
Posts by us
- 5 lessons I learned when building my blog
- What is a farmcation and why now is a good time to take one
- My experience of volunteering in Spain with a Spanish family
- Five simple tips and tricks to help you work remotely
- Planning on Teaching English in Italy? Here’s what to know
- Writing in Paris: From the Lost Generation to Today’s Digital Nomads
- 8 steps to being a great host
- What 8 years of bootstrapping a startup has taught me