Hi, we run a llama rescue and we invite you to come learn about llamas & compassionate care. We also need help with the repair or construction of out-buildings or maintenance of facilities in our nonprofit.
Volunteer with animals in the USA – requirements & tasks
Our main focus is the care and rescue of llamas and alpacas and a safe, clean facility and you will be helping us achieve that 🙂 Time of work will be approximately 15 hours per week.
You need to be able to lift 2 strand hay bale approximately 50 lbs / 23 kgs.
We have a few requirements on the farm:
- It’s a non-smoking facility.
- Vehicle is needed to move around and get here
- You need your own income as this is a non-commercial refuge.
- No perfumes or chemical fragrances on the farm
- Health insurance is recommended.
- Liability waiver is required.
- ** You need to be vaccinated against COVID. **
Volunteer with animals in the USA – what we offer
You will have a lot of time for your individual activites. The hill country of Texas has four seasons with different activities possible during each season.
Hiking trails, river access, and state and local parks are within an hour of here so you’ll be free to explore!
We will discuss eating and sleeping arrangements via private messages.
Other volunteering opportunities in North America
- Volunteer in Quebec. Help to run a BnB and learn about the process.
- Help with farming and building projects in Canada; volunteer in Quebec.
- Volunteer off grid in Canada. Help run an accommodation business in the north!
- Help at a B&B in Canada and live in a mountain town.
- Learn about fine food making – volunteer in Canada as a baker
- Volunteer on the Caribbean with abandoned animals.
- Volunteer in South Carolina, USA and help an American family around the house.
- Join our Climate Compliance 6 month Program in the Caribbean
Posts by us
- Meet a great host who’s offering a stay in a nature park in Greece
- Meet our host who’s offering a farm stay in Ireland
- Planning to go to Italy on a help exchange? We interview a great host
- 8 reasons to take a gap year abroad
- Want to make a difference? Volunteer in agriculture
- The me generation? How to engage millennials in volunteering
- Guide to writing a message to a host that gets you free accommodation
- 9 paid jobs for backpackers and their HelpStay alternatives
- Volunteer on Madeira Island, Portugal and enjoy the diversity of activities around!