Do you enjoy nature, trails, levada walks and surf? Join the Gardens Guest House Hostel on the north of Madeira Island!
Volunteer on Madeira Island – requirements & tasks
We are a Guest House / Hostel in the north of Madeira Island, where the beauty of the landscape is hardly touched. The area is very sought after by all kind of tourists, from all ages, due to the diversity of activities from sightseeing, trails, levada walks, hiking and surfing.
We need someone to help us maintain the Guest House and gardens. Someone with good knowledge of social media would also be a plus. We offer a bed in a staff room (with 2 beds) and breakfast.
Your tasks will include:
- general maintenance of the common areas for the guests;
- help with check-in and check-out of our guests;
- answer the guests’ questions;
- help with the garden and small repairs
The property also has 1500 square meters of land with fruit trees. If you have knowledge from modern agricutlture to develop it, we’d love to use it!
You will work for 5 hours a day, 5 days a week and the minimum stay is 30 days (or longer). If you are able to help me with repairs, that would be a plus.
Volunteer on Madeira Island – what we offer
You will be accommodated in the staff room which has 1 bunk bed (2 beds). Only helpers will sleep there. Each helper has their own locker. This room has lots of natural light, it is clean and bright.
I will supply food for breakfast but helpers will need to prepare it. I am a friendly person and I will treat helpers like my family.
In your free time I will encourage you to use all the activities available on the island!
Other volunteering opportunities in Europe
- Volunteer in Sweden in a hotel and live in a circus wagon!
- Volunteer on a Greek island and learn to surf.
- Help in a holiday accommodation in southern France.
- Volunteer in Portugal and join a reforestation project.
- Start a journey of self- disovery and volunteer in Spain in a retreat space.
- Volunteer in Estonia and learn about sustainable lifestyle.
- Learn about politics and history – volunteer at a peace project in Northern Ireland
Posts by us
- The 2022 digital nomad accommodation guide to Saranda
- Guide to living and teaching English in France in 2022
- Best places to volunteer in Australia in 2022 and how to get there
- How to volunteer abroad for free in 2022
- Scared of volunteering abroad? Here’s how to face your fears
- How to escape the rat-race and become a digital nomad
- Want to travel the world for free? Here’s how I did it for 10 years
- A beginner’s guide to volunteering in Spain in 2022