We are a family of four living just outside of Charleston, SC. We need help with various cleaning jobs around our house. Join us and become our family member!
Volunteer in South Carolina, USA – requirements & tasks
We are looking for a housekeeper to do various jobs around our house. It may be anything from house cleaning, dog walking (we have greyhounds), help with our daughter’s studies, wash cars. You may be asked to delivering cars as we rent them to others as a small business / side gig. Perhaps you could also get involved in some landscaping ideas and work.
If you have a driving license, it would be helpful but it’s not a requirement.
You will work for a maximum of 4 hours a day from Monday to Saturday. Sunday will be your day fully off.
We are looking forward to learning new cultures from you, learning more about your country and exchanging stories and recipes.
Volunteer in South Carolina, USA – what we offer
If you are looking for a meaningful volunteer experience, in your spare time, to help our world around us there are many to chose from. From Sea Turtle protection and Wetlands Conservation to Feeding the Hungry or Mentoring young children and many more. We will support you however we can in your project.
In your spare time, you can explore beautiful Charleston SC. It’s downtown, it’s beaches, it’s restaurants and it’s friendly people.
We have a private master bedroom that our Helper can stay in, complete with your own bathroom, shower, tub and double bed.
All of your meals will be taken care of, even when we dine out. If you would like to prepare some of your favorite meals occasionally we would really enjoy that.
We will consider you a part of our family during, and after, your stay.
More volunteering opportunities in North America
- Join our Climate Compliance 6 month Program in the Caribbean
- Volunteer in Hawaii, United States on a vegan organic farm.
- Volunteer in Cancun, Mexico. Help in a hostel and explore Yucatan!
- Volunteer in North Carolina, USA on a sustainable farm
- Volunteer with a reforestation program in Mexico and help restore our nature.
Posts by us
- Considering volunteering abroad? Here’s a guide to the visa process
- Get a paid writing gig with HelpStay
- How HelpStay reviews work for hosts and volunteer helpers
- What to know before volunteering in a backpacker hostel
- What is a help exchange and how does it work?
- What you need to know before you go volunteering on a farm