We explore the idea of zero budget natural farming (ZBNF) as well as sustainable farming. Come to help us and enjoy Rajasthan’s hospitality!
Volunteer in India on a farm – requirements & tasks
Did you know that India is the number one producer of pomegranate? Join us as a volunteer and help us with pomegranate farming and producing oil seeds. We use natural farming methods only, but also some advanced techniques.
In winter we also do beekeeping.
During a typical day on the farm you will be asked to help in various activities such as pruning, mulching, weeding around the base of the plants. If you can use a tractor and other farm equipment it will definitely be an additional plus.
We will ask you to work for about 30 hours a week. Saturday and Sunday will be your days off.
Volunteer in India on a farm – what we offer
We will offer you our company and you will experience the true Indian hospitality. You will have quite some free time on hand to explore the beautiful and colorful Rajasthan. You will also be able to try a desert safari.
We will offer you a comfortable bed in a private room in our family home. We also provide full board.
The best time to travel is between October and February when the weather is pleasant.
More volunteering opportunities in Asia
- Volunteering for yoga teachers in India. Give classes and explore beautiful temples and nature!
- Volunteer in Nepal helping to create a sustainable community
- Learn farming using organic and natural methods in Japan
- Volunteer in East Timor (Teach Portuguese or Korean or Vocational Skills)
Posts by us
- Considering volunteering abroad? Here’s a guide to the visa process
- Get a paid writing gig with HelpStay
- How HelpStay reviews work for hosts and volunteer helpers
- What to know before volunteering in a backpacker hostel
- What is a help exchange and how does it work?
- What you need to know before you go volunteering on a farm