Want to join us as a volunteer in East Timor? Currently, we are looking for volunteers to be based in East Timor to carry out teaching projects.
Our main priority is to LOOK FOR VOLUNTEERS FROM SOUTH KOREA AND PORTUGUESE SPEAKING COUNTRIES who will be able to teach Korean or Portuguese using our “science of language programs”. Volunteers don’t need to have any teaching experience or background.
WE ARE ALSO LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS from any country who have a background in “agriculture, car or motorcycle mechanics, electronics or any type of vocational skill” and are interested to teach and train others to develop those skills.
The volunteer positions mentioned above are only for East Timor and have a minimum period of 3 months. We would like to recruit volunteers as soon as possible.
AHHA Education is an educational NGO based in 4 countries: Cambodia, East Timor, Laos, and Japan.
Volunteer in East Timor: Tasks & Roles
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Volunteers must:
- Communicate in English
- Have a strong interest in teaching
- Be willing to live in rural settings
- Be confident, flexible, responsible, and motivated
- Have high levels of integrity and solid moral behavior
- Be open to learning from new environments
- Have an ability to work independently while being a strong team player.
- Demonstrate interest in education, NGO work, and poverty alleviation issues
- Planning and preparing classes
- Use the materials provided by the NGO for teaching the language
- Teach according to the educational needs of the students
- Assess and report the development, progress, and attainment of students
- For Vocational Skill Teaching: transfer skills to students through practice-based activities.
WORKING DAYS AND HOURS
- The organization practices a 5-6 day work week with 6-8 hours of service per day (excluding lunch break).
Volunteer in East Timor: Living
Volunteers share a bedroom with a bathroom, accommodation is provided for free. Male volunteers sleep in a male dormitory/room and female volunteers sleep in a female dormitory/room.
There are mosquito nets, blankets, and pillows available. Most of the time there is also a fan available. If not, there are always markets nearby where you can buy one.
When arriving in Dili you can use public transport (Taxi) to go to the Headquarters of AHHA Education Timor-Leste. We do not cover the costs of transportation from the airport to the headquarters.
We cover the visa expenses for volunteers who stay longer than 3 months and recommend that you have your travel insurance.
Do you need a Visa to travel? Get the correct Visa online now >>
Volunteering exchanges in South East Asia
- Teach English, Learn Organic Farming & Stay with our Family (Indonesia)
- Experience Javanese Life with our Friendly Community (Indonesia)
- Volunteer at our Cat & Dog Sanctuary (North Eastern Thailand)
- Volunteer on an Organic Permaculture Farm (Thailand)
- Teach Locals to Guide Tourists (Northern Thailand)
- Volunteer/Intern with our Elephant Sanctuary (Thailand)
- Teach English or Art or Music to Locals (Northwest Vietnam)
- Volunteer in Vung Tau at our Hostel & English Center (Vietnam)
- Come Teach English to Vietnamese Kids (Vietnam)
- Volunteer Teaching English & Exchange Cultures (Vietnam)
SafetyWing is the world’s first insurance made for nomads, by nomads. Get global travel medical for $37 per a month. Get Insured >>
More Volunteering Opportunities
- Experience Ranching and Horse Riding in Argentina
- Café Assistant in Peru
- Volunteer in Peru with our Dog Shelter Project or Teaching Kids
- Colombia Teaching Placement in South America
- Farm Volunteering & Living in Argentina
- Teach English Chile
- Backpacker Hostel Work Stay in Arica, Chile
- Teach Ecuadorian Students English (Ecuador)
- Rainforest Lodge Volunteering Ecuador
- Volunteer Teach in Vietnam (Leads to Paid Positions)
If you’re going overseas, always ensure you get the right insurance cover to Live Abroad.
Posts by us
- What you need to know before renting a motorbike in Vietnam
- A journey to finding happiness abroad: Why you should volunteer
- Everything a woman travelling alone in Jordan needs to know
- A volunteers guide to volunteering in laos
- How to choose the best volunteering abroad option for you
- Here’s why the people you meet abroad will be your friends for life
- Here’s how to Find Your Calling
- Why a homestay overseas is a great way to learn a language
- A complete guide to volunteering as a yoga instructor
- Six amazing hostels to stay for free in Europe – if you volunteer
Join our Volunteering Abroad Community on Facebook. It’s a group to ask questions, share your experiences, and meet other volunteers. See you there >>