Why travel insurance for volunteering abroad? We believe that safety and peace of mind are vital when volunteering abroad. Travel insurance cover including third party liability is important to have in the event that something unexpected happens on your trip.
Being smart is ensuring you have travel insurance when volunteering abroad because you’re taking the proper precautions to securing your health and personal belongings.
HelpStay is a partner of SafetyWing. SafetyWing is one of many insurance providers. We encourage you to independently research other insurance providers so that you can select the insurance provider and cover that best suits your unique needs and requirements.
7 things you should know about travel insurance
- Trusted reliable underwriters: SafetyWing is backed by a suite of strong, secure, specialist travel insurers who provide you with great cover, 24 hour emergency assistance and the highest levels of support and claims management when you need it most.
- Value for money with the cover you need: SafetyWing provides travel insurance for volunteering abroad cover for what’s important for travellers from 140 countries. By focusing on what you need and leaving out what you don’t, SafetyWing prices are some of the most competitive online.
- Flexibility when you need it most: Had a change of plans? You can buy more cover or claim online while you are still away. You can even buy a SafetyWing policy if you’re already travelling.
- Cover for a range of adventure activities: From skiing & snowboarding in New Zealand to whitewater rafting in Colorado, SafetyWing covers a range of adventure activities, giving you peace of mind to get the most from your travels.
- SafetyWing keeps you travelling safely: All SafetyWing members have access to up-to-date travel safety alerts, as well as travel safety advice and tips online through the SafetyWing Safety Hub.
- More than just great value travel insurance: All SafetyWing members can learn the local lingo through a series of iPod & iPhone Language Guides and can stay in touch with family and friends with an online travel journal.
- Commitment to exceptional customer service: We want to make sure you get the most from SafetyWing. You can find out more about why travel insurance is important for your trip. If you have any questions about your travel insurance or travel safety in general, please contact SafetyWing directly.
Why Buy Travel Insurance When Volunteering Abroad From SafetyWing
- Backed by specialist insurers and global assistance partners
- Buy Online, even if you’ve already left home
- Buy more cover and claim online while travelling
- Covers a range of adventure sports and activities
- Give a little back and support a community development project
Top 5 Free Volunteering Opportunities
- Volunteer at a peace project in Northern Ireland and learn about politics and history.
- Volunteer in the Loire Valley, France. Help with clients and live in a chateau.
- Volunteer in Honduras in a hostel on a beautiful island of Roatan.
- Volunteer in Portugal in a hostel. Explore Lisbon and the Portugese countryside!
- Volunteering opportunity in Sicily for Italian and English speakers. Help at a stunning agroturismo!