We’re a fun, friendly hostel with guests of all ages located on the beautiful island of Roatan. Join us as a volunteer!
Volunteer in Honduras in a hostel – requirements & tasks
We welcome volunteers 22 years of age and older who are able to commit to helping out for at least a month, but we love if volunteers stay longer! We take up to 3 volunteers at a time. Volunteers are expected to help out 18-20 hours a week, and assist with a bit of everything – cleaning around the hostel, gardening, helping out with guests. As representatives of the hostel, we need you to be polite, friendly, and professional.
Shifts vary depending on how many volunteers are here. Days off vary depending on the schedule with other volunteers – you’ll receive your schedule each week.
You need to be fluent in English, and it’s helpful if you know some Spanish.
Volunteer in Honduras in a hostel – what we offer
We have a room for our volunteers which has bunk beds. It is next to the staff’s bedrom. You will have access to the common kitchen to prepare your own meals.
You will be able to explore the beautiful island of Roatan in your free time 🙂
Other volunteering opportunities in Central America
- Volunteer in Panama. Help create a self sufficient and sustainable island home.
- Volunter in Costa Rica. Take care of a rancho or cook healthy meals and enjoy the beach!
- Volunteer in Guatemala as a bartender in a unique hostel in the jungle
- Volunteer in Costa Rica and Work in Exchange for Room and Board
Posts by us
- Want to travel the world for free? Here’s how I did it for 10 years
- A beginner’s guide to volunteering in Spain in 2022
- The English speakers guide to teaching and living in Spain
- Guide to working for accommodation & travelling low cost
- Considering volunteering abroad? Here’s a guide to the visa process
- Get a paid writing gig with HelpStay