Want to volunteer in Costa Rica? We hire all of the work stay staff and interview everyone via Skype. We look forward to meeting you.
Want to spend 3 months as part of our work for stay program? If you are between 19-27 years of age, you are a team player and have a guest come first attitude, contact us to learn more. Basic Spanish skills are good to have, must speak English well. (3 month stay preferred).
Volunteer in Costa Rica and Work a total of 24 hours/week | Staff dorm room provided | Breakfast provided and 50% off of lunch and dinner | Free use of surf boards and bikes.
We’re a locally owned boutique hostel and surf school in Costa Rica located on Jaco Beach along the Central Pacific Coast. Brian, the owner of Room2Board and Carolina, our general manager are always on site to make sure everyone is happy. The hostel is safe and clean, and the best place to spend your time in Costa Rica. We are staffed by a combination of locals and like-minded world travelers to make you feel welcomed and a part of our global family.
New construction, utilizing an eco-friendly design, provides adventure travelers, surfers, and backpackers a clean, safe and affordable place to stay. Room2Board was designed to have the social atmosphere and affordability of a traditional hostel and surf camp along with the amenities and style of a boutique hotel. From the moment you check-in you will feel apart of our global family.
Volunteer in Costa Rica – Tasks & Roles
As a volunteer you will mostly work at the reception desk, checking in and out guests, offering suggestions of things to do. You will help to organize activities at the hostel, including hikes, games and pub crawls.
Our volunteers are the face of our hostel and you must love meeting new people and interacting with people of different backgrounds. You must be reliable and work as part of a team, showing to work up on time and be flexible with your work hours. You will live in a 6 person co-ed staff dorm with a bathroom and AC in the evening.
Volunteer in Costa Rica Living
You will stay in a 6 person co-ed staff dorm with a bathroom. AC is turned on at night.
From the airport, you can take a bus to the hostel. The other option is a private shuttle.
Volunteer in Costa Rica – What else?
We have 6 volunteers at a time from all over the world. There is no set time to start – as long as we have an opening! We prefer a 3 month stay. You will have some time to travel in Costa Rica while you are here.
We recommend you have your own travel insurance.
More Volunteering Opportunities
- Full-time Volunteer Required with Dublin Simon Community in Ireland
- Volunteer Building an Eco Village in Austria
- Volunteer in Serbia Working in our Belgrade Hostel Reception
- Volunteering in Spain for Teenagers in the Summer Time
- Experience Permaculture Farm Volunteering in Belgium
- Come Experience Organic Farming in Germany
- Volunteer in Russia helping at a Summer Festival
- Help out at a B&B in Normandy in France
- Be a Restaurant Assistant in Scotland
- Talk English and Enjoy a Free Hotel Stay in Czech Rep
If you’re going overseas, always ensure you get the right insurance cover to Live Abroad.
Posts by us
- What I’ve learned from 10 years of Help Exchange Volunteering
- Guide to living and volunteering in Nepal
- How volunteering abroad can make you a more responsible traveler
- Everything you need to know about Volunteering in Kenya from someone who’s been there and done that!
- Your Complete Guide to Living and Teaching English in France
- How to escape the rat-race and become a Digital Nomad
- When the downturn came I took a sabbatical in Berlin
- 9 Paid Jobs for Backpackers and their HelpStay alternatives
- Your Complete Guide To Exchanging Work For Accommodation
- How reviews work for hosts and volunteer helpers
SafetyWing is the world’s first insurance made for nomads, by nomads. Get global travel medical for $37 per a month. Get Insured >>
Easy Exchanges by HelpStay
- Help us to Create a Unique Vienna Experience for Guests (Austria)
- Help us teaching English, Italian or Spanish (Indonesia)
- Join our Hostel as a Host/Hostess (Bahamas)
- Gardening, Designing & Building of an Island Eco Resort (Fiji)
- Teach Us English & Stay for Free! (Vietnam)
- Volunteer Creating National Parks & Conserving Wildlife Refuges (Rwanda)
- Help with Cleaning, Laundry & Gardening (New Zealand)
- Help us Teach English & Develop Poor Areas (Vietnam)
- Grow Coffee, Explore & Give Back in Kona (Hawaii)
- Help with my B&B and Photography Tours (Canada)