Fancy Communal Living France? As a volunteer in our commune, you participate in all our activities including recycling & selling, sorting, repairing, farming and building. The work day is long and the work is hard. You’ll need a command of French as all tasks are communicated in French.
Communal Living France – Stay Overview
Communal Living France – Quick Checks
Hours & Roster: 40 hours/week. Workday is 8am – 6pm Tues to Sat, 2 days free
What’s included? Shared accommodation & full board
What’s Not Included? Flights, visa & travel medical insurance
Selection process: Message us about your relevant experience, why you’d like to volunteer with us & the dates you would be available. Prove to us that you’ve read through our profile & your profile must be complete (description and photo)
Communal Living France – Tasks & Roles
We expect you to be willing to participate as everyone else does. Our main activity concerns recycling, repairing and selling unwanted goods. You can participant in our workshops and learn new skills. We run workshops on organic farming, eco-building (building eco-houses for our members) and cooking. You’ll be able to participate in some discussion, debates and other events.
In general the kind of work can be from heavy labour to clothes sorting. You will need a level of French as the language used is French and all work tasks are given in French.
Communal Living France – Living
Sleeping: You’ll be sharing your accommodation with other volunteers. You might be hosted in an eco-built house, a mobile-home or an old restored waggon. The living-room, the kitchens and the bathrooms are common to all volunteers.
Linen & Laundry: Linen is not supplied. Please bring your own towels and sleeping bag. Laundry service available.
Eating: Every meal is included, you won’t have to spend a penny while staying with us. During working days, lunch is with everyone and cooked by the main kitchen team, other meals are served in the volunteers’ living room by a couple of volunteers (changing every day). You can have vegan, no-pork and other options.
Transport: We’ll pick you up at Pau train station or airport.
Communal Living France – What Else…
- 80 places available.
- We prefer volunteers to be 18 years +.
- No gender preference, all backgrounds and all nationalities welcome. If a family, run it by us.
- We usually have bikes you can use.
- We’ll drive you to concerts, debates, the mountains & ocean.
- Internet available.
- Own travel insurance recommended.
- There is no medical care available onsite. Please ensure you have appropriate travel insurance to cover all unforeseen eventualities.
More Volunteering Opportunities
- Talk English and Enjoy a Free Hotel Stay in Czech Rep
- Be a Restaurant Assistant in Scotland
- Help out at a B&B in Normandy in France
- Volunteer in Russia helping at a Summer Festival
- Come Experience Organic Farming in Germany
- Volunteering in Spain for Teenagers in the Summer Time
- Volunteer in Serbia Working in our Belgrade Hostel Reception
- Volunteer Building an Eco Village in Austria
- Experience Permaculture Farm Volunteering in Belgium
- Join our Hotel Work Exchange as a Volunteer in Netherlands