Fancy communal living in France? As a volunteer in our commune, you participate in all our activities including recycling & selling, sorting, repairing, farming, and building. The work day is long and the work is hard. You’ll need to speak a decent level of French, we all speak French here on a daily basis.
Communal Living France – Stay Overview
Communal Living France – Quick Checks
Hours & Roster: 40 hours/week. Workday is 8 am – 6 pm Tues to Sat, 2 days free
What’s included? Shared accommodation & full board
What’s Not Included? Flights, visa & travel medical insurance
Selection process: Message us about your relevant experience, why you’d like to volunteer with us & the dates you would be available. Prove to us that you’ve read through our profile & your profile must be complete (description and photo)
Communal Living France – Tasks & Roles
We expect you to be willing to participate as everyone else does. Our main activity concerns recycling, repairing, and selling unwanted goods. You can participate in our workshops and learn new skills. We run workshops on organic farming, eco-building (building eco-houses for our members), and cooking. You’ll be able to participate in some discussions, debates and other events.
In general, the kind of work can be from heavy labor to clothes sorting. You will need a communicative level of French as we speak and communicate all tasks in French.
Communal Living France – Living
Sleeping: You’ll be sharing your accommodation with other volunteers. You might be hosted in an eco-built house, a mobile home or an old restored wagon. The living room, the kitchens, and the bathrooms are common to all volunteers.
Linen & Laundry: Please bring your towels and sleeping bag. Laundry service available.
Eating: Every meal is included, and you won’t have to spend a penny while staying with us. During working days, lunch is with everyone and cooked by the main kitchen team, other meals are served in the volunteers’ living room by a couple of volunteers (changing every day). You can have vegan, no-pork, and other options.
Transport: We’ll pick you up at Pau train station or at the airport.
Communal Living France – What Else…
- 80 places available.
- We prefer volunteers to be 18 years +.
- No gender preference, all backgrounds, and all nationalities are welcome. If a family, run it by us.
- We usually have bikes you can use.
- We’ll drive you to concerts, debates, the mountains & ocean.
- Internet available.
- Own travel insurance is recommended.
- There is no medical care available onsite. Please ensure you have appropriate travel insurance to cover all unforeseen eventualities.
More Volunteering Opportunities
- Help in our Bar and Restaurant in the French Countryside
- Volunteer in France and coordinate activities for kids on language learning holidays.
- Enjoy a working holiday in South of France & help to run our Guest Accommodation
- Be a Restaurant Assistant in Scotland
- Help out at a B&B in Normandy in France
- Volunteering in Spain for Teenagers in the Summer Time
- Volunteer in Serbia Working in our Belgrade Hostel Reception
- Volunteer Building an Eco Village in Austria
- Experience Permaculture Farm Volunteering in Belgium
- Join our Hotel Work Exchange as a Volunteer in Netherlands