Come work away in Scotland with us. Apply today! We are looking for 1 or 2 helpers – preferably you will have some previous cooking/KP/catering experience. You can stay for a month or longer.
We run a small restaurant in Melfort Village, in the Scottish Highlands. Melfort Village has a reputation for providing luxurious, elegant accommodation and home cooked, comfort food.
We operate a 32 covers restaurant & bar &takeaway. We need 1 or 2 people (a couple or friends) to help us.
As part of our work away in Scotland, our helpers need to have good English to converse with our guests. We need people who are happy to be flexible and prepared to help with unsupervised restaurant work, housekeeping and dinner service.
In return, we can offer, spacious 2 bedroom static caravan – with cooking facilities, washing machine, bathroom, tv.
We are surrounded by beautiful hills, forests & lochs – a breath-taking landscape. We also have swimming pool, sauna and tennis court. This position suits lovers of walking, history, photography, cycling, sea swimming, kayaking, nature and the countryside more than those who want an active nightlife.
References will be required for this work away in Scotland.
Work Away in Scotland Tasks & Roles
We operate a 32 covers restaurant. We would love 1-3 Helpers for a minimum of 4 weeks stay. Helpers are responsible for their own visas. We do not assist in obtaining visa. Our Work Away in Scotland Helpers will be for kitchen assistance, commercial kitchen cooking and KP and help with a small bar and daily routine and weekly deep cleaning. Are you passionate about cooking and food? Please join us our Work Away in Scotland.
Our helper needs to have good English to converse with our guests. We need people who are happy to be flexible and prepared to help with unsupervised restaurant work, deliveries, housekeeping, cooking, cleaning, breakfast or dinner service, bar work. Majority of the Help will start at 5.00pm or 6.00pm giving you most of the “daylight” hours available for exploring beautiful area.
In exchange I will offer you: free (bookable) access to heated swimming pool, jacuzzi, tennis court. Free accommodation and no utility bills in a static caravan (gas heating bill capped at £400 pcm) . We are in a rural Scotland – nearest supermarket is 20 miles away so if you are a true nature person – this is a place to be. We will offer you cooking facilities and food allowance of £20 per person per week. I will pick you up from either Oban or Lochgilphead – easily accessible from the Glasgow International Airport.
Should you wish to travel to Iona, Mull or any other of surrounding beautiful places – we will make suitable arrangements so you can get a couple of days off to enable you to explore.
Every Monday night we host live folk music night – great way to unwind and relax – you’re welcome to join our locals and sing along.
Please note that our accommodation is for non smokers.
We have been blessed with fantastic helpers in the past. Now decided to use a reputable website to allow our helpers rate us as hosts and vice versa.
We would be grateful if each of our helpers would commit to 24h per week.
Work Away in Scotland Living
In return, we offer spacious static caravan with gas cooker, freeview tv, shower, toilet, washing machine and (depending on reception) free Wi-Fi. You will be provided with 3 hot meals from the restaurant (per week). Caravan can be occupied by max 3 helpers. There are 2 bedrooms. One double and one twin.
It is a Self-Catering Stay however we will compensate each Helper with £20 per week for your food. Also you will be able to takeaway 3 hot meals per week from our restaurant. In a spring time there might be some work in a tiny herb garden just to the back of our restaurant. Your accommodation will be on the grounds of Melfort Village – about 30 meters away from the restaurant.
We are very remote there is no radio reception and Wi-Fi can be temperamental at times. We would love to hear from you.
We are looking for Helpers to assist in a very small and quiet family run restaurant based in a beautiful remote location in summertime (PA34 4XD) (The definition of remote is something that is far away in place or time or a place that is located away from the populated areas. An example of remote is a cabin deep in the woods). This offer is far away from the typical 9-5 office hours, expect to help during unsociable, long and irregular hours, including weekends. Some unsupervised work. You will be a mature (all ages welcome) person with an eye for the detail, own initiative, creative. You will be passionate about people and cooking.
We do offer exclusively for your own use* free accommodation in a lovely static 2-bedroom caravan with heating, cooking and washing facilities. Discretionary use of heated swimming pool, tennis court, jacuzzi, sauna, snooker room. All of the utility bills are covered by us.
24h per week of help will be appreciated. Here’s a look at some of the duties involved:
- Ensure basic cleaning jobs are carried out as quickly as possible.
- Collect and wash up pots and pans, plates, glasses, cutlery
- Clean food preparation areas and equipment, in addition to crockery and cutlery.
- Unload food and equipment deliveries.
- Keep the storeroom organised.
- Keep work surfaces, walls and floors clean and sanitised.
- Keeping up to date with licensing legislation
- Ensuring beer and wine are kept in good condition, fridges/coolers restocked (and no, you can’t drink them if they ‘look gone off’)
- Dealing with difficult customers (who may or may not have drunk their own body weight)
- Cleaning, vacuuming, mopping
- Serving food
Please apply by sending your CV with picture and if you are retired, semi-retired we are also happy to accommodate you. There is no upper age limit!
DO NOT apply if:
- you over sleep
- you have court often
- you get Migraines every other day
- you need to get a lift to show up despite living 30 meters away
- you experience flat tyres/break downs every other week
- have to hold on to a mobile phone all day, or
- will become an expert at your job with no need to learn or take advice after the first day.
You must be able to talk and help at the same time! So, if you are a fit, able bodied person (proof of gym membership not required) and not an ex managing director/lawyer who thinks that helping is beneath them contact Kasia.
More Volunteering Opportunities
- Full-time Volunteer Required with Dublin Simon Community in Ireland
- Talk English and Enjoy a Free Hotel Stay in Czech Rep
- Join Our Centre (Spiritual Courses and Festivals) in Sweden
- Teach English in Italy this Summer with us
- Finland Guest House Helping
- Surf Hostel Volunteering in Ireland
- Live in a Meditation Centre in England
- Be a Nature Park Helper in Crete, Greece
- Join our Instructor Training Scheme in England
- English language Academy Helping in England