Fancy Surf Hostel Volunteering in Ireland? We require generous, friendly, outgoing and confident volunteer helpers.
With Surf Hostel Volunteering we’ll need you to be happy to help our customers and willing to go the extra mile to ensure they have a memorable experience.
Our Surf Hostel Volunteering position is in a Surf Lodge and is one of the best kept secrets in Ireland. You can find it at the foot of Slievemore Mountain overlooking Keel Lake.
Surf Hostel Volunteering – Stay Overview
- You will need to work 24 hours a week
- What’s included? You will share free accommodation in our staff mobile home/caravan
- What’s Not Included? You need to cover your flights, internal transport & travel insurance
- How do we select volunteers: Message us about your relevant experience, why you’d like to help with us & the dates you would be available. Prove to us that you’ve read through our profile. Your profile must be complete. It must have a description and photo.
Tasks & Roles
What kind of help do we require?
- General maintenance of building.
- Cleaning, dish washing and shopping duties.
- Floor service, waitressing and bar tendering.
- Guest greeting and reception duties.
- Surf kit preparation and maintenance.
Surf Hostel Volunteering – Living
Where will you sleep? You will share accommodation with other staff in our mobile homes and caravans at the back of the lodge building. These are clean and comfortable.
What about linen & laundry? Please bring your own linen, sleeping bag and towels. You can use our laundry facilities.
What about food? Breakfast is included free. Our chef prepares daily meals for guests and you can get these meals at a subsided rate of 50%. Each week we make a run to the local market town where we buy all our food supplies. We can cater for all dietary needs including vegetarian, vegan and other special dietary requirements. Every Sunday evening we have a communal shared meal between all staff where we break bread, chat and have fun.
What about transportation? Any train to Castlebar railway station upon which we will be happy to help arrange a transfer from the station. Journey time from Castlebar to surf lodge is one hour. Otherwise, you can get a local bus from Castlebar to our gate. We can provide further details.
What Else Do You Need To Know About
Surf Hostel Volunteering
- We accommodate up to 4 helpers at any one time.
- You must be over 18.
- Male and female helpers accepted.
- Single travellers or two friends preferred. We CANNOT accommodate couples.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- What about surf equipment? We are based in a surfing and water sport mecca. We encourage you to bring your own surf equipment to try the wonderful surfing conditions in your free time. If you don’t have any, you are welcome to use our surf equipment free of charge, when not in use.
- Water sport instructed classes for you: If you wish to get a foothold or improve your water sport skills, we encourage you to take our water sport classes run by our certified teachers. These are free of charge but subject to availability.
- Can you use a bicycle? We have a number of bicycles which you are welcome to use and take for a spin around the island. Use of bicycles is free when not rented to other guests. We recommend that you cycle The Great Western Greenway.
- What language skills do you need? All our business is conducted in English. This is great opportunity to learn and improve your English. Some of us can also speak French.
- Hospitality skills: You will gain first hand hospitality experience in the workings and running of a busy surf lodge.
You can also check our other volunteering opportunities in Ireland >>
More Volunteering Opportunities
- Teach English & Spread Environmental Awareness in Indonesia
- Volunteer in Laos with our Educational Projects & Enjoy a Homestay
- Join us on a Ecological Internship in Indonesia
- Help with English Teaching and Conversation in Hanoi, Vietnam
- Volunteer in Chiang Mai, Thailand: As a English Teacher
- Volunteer in Thailand as an English Teacher and/or Day Care Assistant
- Indonesia Free Volunteering – Gardening & Nature Building
- Join Our Vietnam Language Exchange in Ho Chi Minh City
- Enjoy Farming and Teaching Volunteering in Thailand
- Vietnam Teach English and Live in Ha Giang