Language & Culture Exchange gives you:
- A chance to share your stories and help encourage the young people
- Free accommodation during the volunteer work
- A chance to talk to the locals and understand our Vietnamese culture
- A chance to make your trip more meaningful
Vietnam Language Exchange Basic information
- Stay duration: min 5 day(s)
- Minimum Age: 20+
- Places available for: 5 helpers
- Hours & Roster: 12 hours/week
Tasks & Roles
Just talk to or play board games with us in English.
- Language practise
That gives us an opportunity to practice our speaking and listening.
Vietnam Language Exchange Living
We are located in the center of the city, where you can easily get around.
- Accommodation: Volunteer House
- Room type: Dormitory Shared
- Eating We provide: Self-Catering
We have a room with 5 comfortable beds and a room for couples, with AC, fans, free Wifi, smart TV, fridges, washing machine, hot shower.
Also, we have a kitchen and a big living room.
We can help you book an inexpensive and safe transportation from the airport. The nearest airport is Tân Sơn Nhất International Airport (SGN).
- Males & Females welcome.
- Couples accommodated.
- Families accommodated.
- Pets allowed.
- The students are willing to take you out for Saigon Sightseeing, Food explore. And we also are going to have a indoor party on weekends where we can teach you to cook Vietnamese food!
- Own travel insurance recommended.
Ho Chi Minh City (commonly known as Saigon) is a city in southern Vietnam famous for the pivotal role it played in the Vietnam War.
It’s also known for its French colonial landmarks, including Notre-Dame Cathedral, made entirely of materials imported from France, and the 19th-century Central Post Office. Food stalls line the city’s streets, especially around bustling Bến Thành Market.
More Volunteering Opportunities
- Colombia Teaching Placement in South America
- Farm Volunteering & Living in Argentina
- Teach English Chile
- Enjoy a Backpacker Hostel Work Stay in Arica, Chile
- Teach Ecuadorian Students English (Ecuador)
- Rainforest Lodge Volunteering Ecuador
- Coffee Shop Assistance Ecuador
- Enjoy a Hostel Work Exchange in Santiago, Chile
- Make Craft Beer Ecuador
- Volunteer Peru Free – See South America
If you’re going overseas, always ensure you get the right insurance cover to Live Abroad.
Posts by us
- What I’ve learned from 10 years of Help Exchange Volunteering
- Guide to living and volunteering in Nepal
- How volunteering abroad can make you a more responsible traveler
- Everything you need to know about Volunteering in Kenya from someone who’s been there and done that!
- Your Complete Guide to Living and Teaching English in France
- How to escape the rat-race and become a Digital Nomad
- When the downturn came I took a sabbatical in Berlin
- 9 Paid Jobs for Backpackers and their HelpStay alternatives
- Your Complete Guide To Exchanging Work For Accommodation
- How reviews work for hosts and volunteer helpers
SafetyWing is the world’s first insurance made for nomads, by nomads. Get global travel medical for $37 per a month. Get Insured >>
Easy Exchanges by HelpStay
- Help us to Create a Unique Vienna Experience for Guests (Austria)
- Help us teaching English, Italian or Spanish (Indonesia)
- Join our Hostel as a Host/Hostess (Bahamas)
- Gardening, Designing & Building of an Island Eco Resort (Fiji)
- Teach Us English & Stay for Free! (Vietnam)
- Volunteer Creating National Parks & Conserving Wildlife Refuges (Rwanda)
- Help with Cleaning, Laundry & Gardening (New Zealand)
- Help us Teach English & Develop Poor Areas (Vietnam)
- Grow Coffee, Explore & Give Back in Kona (Hawaii)
- Help with my B&B and Photography Tours (Canada)