Fancy Farm volunteering & living in Argentina? We provide the opportunity for volunteers to come and experience life on our estate in Argentina. Volunteers will learn and participate in the production and processing of sun-dried tomatoes. We have an estate of 8 hectares of which 2 hectares are dedicated to the intensive cultivation of tomatoes. We have 6 llamas, 1 horse, 1 donkey, 4 dogs, and 5 cats.
You will learn skills you would never dream of having – from tractor driving and maintenance to welding. Work will be demanding. Physical fitness is important and you will need to have a keen interest in farming and the country lifestyle.
Our estate is self-sustaining with the vast majority of machinery and systems (i.e. water filtration, tomato processing equipment, and drip irrigation) designed and built on site by hand, often with reclaimed materials.
Farm Volunteering & Living in Argentina – Help Required
- Helping with tourists
- Animal care
- House work
- General maintenance
- Cooking / shopping
- Irrigation, both drip and flood
Hours & Roster
- Flexi time, there is always plenty to do!
- 2 weeks minimum stay length preferred.
- Email or interview chat via Skype before agreeing on the stay.
Sleeping: You will sleep in accommodation with a separate bathroom which is away from the main house.
Linen & Laundry: All linen is supplied. We have laundry facilities on site.
Eating: We will provide three reasonable meals per day. We share duties so you will be expected to help in preparation.
Transport: The estate is located 15 km from the center of San Rafael, a thriving agricultural town located in the Mendoza region of Argentina. One of us travels to and from town almost daily. There is also a bus service available at the front gate. Further travel details can be provided on confirmation of stay.
Farm Volunteering & Living in Argentina – Amenities & Preferences
- Accommodate 2 volunteer helper at any one time.
- You must be over 18.
- Male, female & couples accepted as volunteer helpers.
- Own travel insurance recommended.
- Smoking allowed only outside. We are non-smokers.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- Language Skills: We speak both English and Spanish so it’s a great opportunity to improve your Spanish language skills.
More Volunteering Opportunities
- Volunteer Teaching English in Chile
- Do you speak foreign languages? Volunteer in this hotel in Peru.
- La Esperanza Volunteering Granada, Nicaragua
- ESL Teaching Volunteer Placements Guatemala City
- Marketing Placement Abroad in Costa Rica
- Costa Rica Beach Hostel Volunteering
- Join our Fighting Poverty 10 month Program in Caribbean & Belize
- Teach English in Honduras, Central America
- Volunteer at a Panama Surf Paradise & Live for Free
- Volunteer in Costa Rica and Work in Exchange for Room and Board