If you are interested in working in tourism, I would like to share my experience with you. I’m cheerful and smiley so go ahead and join me 🙂
Volunteer in a homestay in Vietnam – requirements & tasks
My name is Dai. At the moment, I’m living on Cat Ba Island which is the most beautiful island in northern Vietnam. I own a homestay called Cat Ba Spring Garden Homestay located 10 km away from Cat Ba town.
I have been working in tourism for more than 5 years and I have been a manager of many accommodations in The North Region of Vietnam so having a homestay is a dream of mine. Tourism is perfect for culture exchange and getting to know each other better.
You are supposed to work 4 -5 hours, 5 days a week. The jobs are
- working in the reception.
- helping with gardening job.
- assisting guests when they need
- helping with language translation. Some of my family members don’t speak English.
- help with social media
Regarding working skills, reception and hospitality experience are needed. Furthermore, if you used to work or have worked in sales, or social media, that is great. Speaking English fluently is essential. If you speak other languages, that will be a huge advantage.
Working time will be in shifts where you can choose a shift. That gives you more freedom to manage your plan whilst you are here. You will work 4 -5 hours, 5 days a week.
Volunteer in a homestay in Vietnam – what we offer
Volunteers will be provided 3 meals and accommodation at the homestay. The accommodation is a dorm. Each volunteer will have their bed. The bathroom is general for all volunteers. Make sure that you bring your bathing items and a towel.
Food will be provided in the kitchen. As we serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner to guests, volunteers can have the same food we serve here. You can have breakfast in the morning (7 am – 9:30 am). We will have a meal after the serving time for dinner and lunch at the homestay.
Volunteers will have a chance to get excursions for free during certain periods during their stay here. The excursions are boat trips, trekking, kayaking, staying overnight in a floating house, etc. You can also have a scooter to get around for free. The nearest beach is 200m away from the homestay.
More volunteering opportunities in Asia
- Teach English or Chinese in Thailand as a volunteer.
- Volunteer in Pai, Thailand and grow your management skills.
- Volunteering in Vietnam for tea lovers.
- Volunteer in north Vietnam & become a teaching assistant.
- Volunteer in Thailand with dogs. Rescue animals and enjoy Koh Chang island!
- Volunteer in Thailand with dogs and other animals.
- India invites travellers willing to share skills. Help to build a farm in Rajasthan.