Our social enterprise is for the collaboration of open-minded individuals, groups in pursuit of the the truth and fascinating facts about the Baiyue tribes who hold knowledge about tea and unique Social customs. Join us!
Volunteering in Vietnam for tea lovers – requirements & tasks
We partner with ethical, responsible organizations to protect the ancient shan tea trees of Baiyue tribes. We designed a program that will allow you to participate in an authentic, meaningful, and inspiring experience. You will take part in a variety of tasks according to the needs of the season.
Generally, you will be expected to be able to work on:
- Work with farmers in ancient Snow Shan tea villages & help in their daily operation
- Grow your knowledge on the role of ancient Snow Shan tea trees in the income and food security of hill tribes. Help to reduce poverty and increases awareness of the expected impact of climate change.
- Focus on building entrepreneurial capacities of local youth. Empower them and give them knowledge needed to use business opportunities, start local businesses and work on their own skill sets.
- At times, you may be asked to help with physical labor, including but not limited to tea picking, make fermented tea products
You will work 6 hours a day, four days a week. Work will generally be Monday through Thursday, from 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM (with a break).
Volunteering in Vietnam for tea lovers – what we offer
Lots of tea drinking 🙂 You will also have an opportunity to discover a fantastic mountain scenery over the whole area, learn the indigenous knowledge of hill-tribes. Moreover, not only could you learn tea-related skills but also to start a business back home (why not!).
Participants will be housed in a space close to the mountains & our tea house. There are two bedrooms available, as well as a traditional kitchen, and shared washing and bathing facilities. You should be aware beforehand that this is a rather rustic setting.
We provide full board with healthy vietnamese food and lots of tea!
More volunteering opportunities in Asia
- Volunteer in north Vietnam & become a teaching assistant.
- Volunteer in Thailand with dogs. Rescue animals and enjoy Koh Chang island!
- Volunteer in Thailand with dogs and other animals.
- India invites travellers willing to share skills. Help to build a farm in Rajasthan.
- Volunteer in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Paint a hostel & party with backpackers.
- Volunteer in India and learn natural farming methods
- Volunteering for yoga teachers in India. Give classes and explore beautiful temples and nature!
Posts by us
- Going to southeast Asia? Here’s the visa guide
- My experience of volunteering in Laos and what you need to know
- Guide to being an Au Pair in New Zealand
- How I built a business without leaving my bedroom
- Volunteering in Ireland? Here’s 4 tips from a local
- 7 things to keep in mind when volunteering in Tunisia
- Ways you can change the world by volunteering