Namaste! We’re building a permaculture farm near Jaipur, Rajasthan. We need help with the farm, building eco-huts, rooms and art decor. We invite anyone who wants to learn and teach skills 🙂
Volunteer in Rajasthan, India – requirements & tasks
We are building a permaculture farm near Jaipur, Rajasthan, India.
If you want to learn, teach, and share skill – you’re invited! We need help on the farm with crops and taking care of animals. If you can design tents, and build vernacular / mud huts, that would be helpful too.
Artists are welcome too. We’d love to paint the walls with local elements, features, symbolic references, and important events in the glorious history of Rajasthan and Bharat. If you can do that, we’d love to use your talent!
If you have experience with running a farm, we accept advice! Also, we’d love you to cook your local dish and we will surely teach you ours. We’ll ask you to help us for about 30 hours a week with rests and breaks. It’s not an office, so you can work at your own pace, as long as the target is on schedule.
Volunteer in Rajasthan, India – what we offer
We provide accommodation (shared room) and full board – the food will be vegetarian or vegan. You’ll also have access to a shared kitchen.
At our farm, you will learn about traditional farming systems merged with technology. We will explain and show you rural India, and its deeply rooted culture, traditions, and practices.
In your free time, you can go on hikes to the nearby Aravali hills, which are just a kilometer from our farm. We have a small collection of books. Nights are mostly clear here so maybe you could look through binocs and find your favorite stars. Visiting nearby villages, and interacting with local folks and farmers may interest you as well.
More volunteering opportunities in Asia
- Volunteer in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Paint a hostel & party with backpackers.
- Volunteer in India and learn natural farming methods
- Volunteering for yoga teachers in India. Give classes and explore beautiful temples and nature!
- Volunteer in Nepal helping to create a sustainable community
- Learn farming using organic and natural methods in Japan
- Volunteer in East Timor (Teach Portuguese or Korean or Vocational Skills)
Posts by us
- TEFL guide to seeing the world for next to nothing as an English teacher
- Guide to teaching English and living in Vietnam
- Are you too old to travel?
- How to choose the best volunteering abroad option for you
- Meet a great host who’s offering a stay in a nature park in Greece
- Meet our host who’s offering a farm stay in Ireland
- Planning to go to Italy on a help exchange? We interview a great host
- 8 reasons to take a gap year abroad