We have shelters for dogs on a Thai Island Koh Chang. Are you a genuine dog lover? We’d love to welcome you!
Volunteer in Thailand with dogs – requirements and tasks
You will spend your time here caring for our beautiful dogs in our shelters on the island. This means lots of pats, kisses, and one on one time with the dogs.
We expect you to be willing to work alone but also in a team, you should be enthusiastic and committed to the care of the dogs.
What we look for in a vounteer:
- Genuine dog lovers. You need to feel comfortable and confident, you can’t be afraid of dogs and you need to enjoy spending your time with them
- We host people from all cultural backgrounds. All that matters to us is your love to our animals
- We’re looking for someone who has experience caring for and living with dogs
- You should have initiative and be proactive
- Common sense and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Responsible, reliable & hardworking who doesn’t mind getting dirty.
- Can help and care for the dogs in a team environment as well as independently.
We require a minimum stay of 1 month and there are no exceptions from this rule. That’s because any shorter amount is not beneficial to the dogs. They need time to get comfortable with new people and training and teaching new volunteers how everything works takes time.
No children allowed. We look for volunteers who are 25 years old and older. Common sense and life experience are important to us.
You’ll be asked to work for around 25 hours a week and the tasks will be feeding, bathing, walking the dogs, picking up poop, cleaning and some gardening.
Volunteer in Thailand with dogs – what we offer
We offer our doggie helpers comfortable western-style accommodation with cooking facilities. You will be able to use shared motorbikes/scootes.
We have options of shared and private rooms with ensuite bathrooms. If you are a couple, you’ll have a room for yourselves. If you come alone, you’ll probably live with one other volunteer as we can accommodate 2 people per room.
You will have access to common chill out areas to hang with other volunteers.
The volunteer house is just a 5-minute scooter ride from the beach, waterfalls, rivers, local markets and restaurants!
Volunteers will have an excellent opportunity to gain more experience in caring for dogs, learn about dogs’ behaviour living in large packs and the pack hierarchy. In addition, this is a great opportunity to learn how to gain a dog’s trust and create a bond you and your furry friends will remember for a lifetime.
Once you have volunteered with us you will be a part of the doggie family for life 🙂
Other volunteering opportunities in South-East Asia
- Volunteer in Thailand with dogs and other animals.
- Volunteer in East Timor (Teach Portuguese or Korean or Vocational Skills)
- Go Animal Sanctuary Volunteering in Thailand
- Join us on a Ecological Internship in Indonesia
Posts by us
- Guide to working for accommodation & travelling low cost
- Considering volunteering abroad? Here’s a guide to the visa process
- Get a paid writing gig with HelpStay
- How HelpStay reviews work for hosts and volunteer helpers
- What to know before volunteering in a backpacker hostel
- What is a help exchange and how does it work?