Our goal here at Sangkhalburi Animal Sanctuary is to make a significant and long-term impact on the attitude towards the health and well-being of animals in Sangkhlaburi. Join our team as a volunteer and help animals while exploring Thailand!
Volunteer in Thailand with dogs – requirements and tasks
Volunteers get regular daily tasks on a rotating basis. That way everyone will get a chance to work in each area.
- feeding animals,
- cleaning enclosures,
- changing water bowls,
- washing bedding,
- walking dogs,
- assisting the resident vet in caring for sick animals (under their supervision),
- socialising with the dogs and cats under our care.
These tasks will be outlined more specifically and assigned during morning meetings. Depending on the number of volunteers there may be more or less for each person to do, so we’d like you to be motivated and flexible!
Some of these jobs may be dirty, smelly, or seem mundane, but they are crucial for the smooth running of the sanctuary. Every task you do will truly make a difference and help to improve the lives of these animals!
In addition to the general daily tasks, there are also various other jobs that need doing around the sanctuary such as DIY jobs, repairs, painting, fixing the dog houses, etc.
You will work 6 days a week with one day off. The number of hours depends a lot on the number of volunteers staying with us at the moment but it will not exceed 36 hours total/week
If you have any ideas for new projects, or if you would like to carve out some time to make videos or take photographs, please let us know!
What we offer if you volunteer in Thailand with dogs with us?
Although work at the sanctuary can sometimes be mucky and may not be the most glamorous, caring for animals in such a unique setting as well as getting to know your fellow volunteers will be the experience of a lifetime!
In the sanctuary, we have Volunteer Rooms where we have 2 single rooms, 1 double/shared room. There are shared bathrooms on site (with western toilet and warm shower). We also have a fully equipped communal open kitchen. Upstairs on the upper deck is the volunteer hangout/lounge area where volunteers can relax during their time off.
Free wifi is available in the volunteer areas as well as in the clinic. We also have a sanctuary scooter that volunteers can share.
The views and scenery around our place are truly stunning and one-of-a-kind so you will be able to enjoy!
More volunteering opportunities in Thailand
- Go Animal Sanctuary Volunteering in Thailand
- Enjoy Farming and Teaching Volunteering in Thailand
- Help to build a jungle paradise while volunteering in southern Thailand.
More volunteering opportunities in South-East Asia
- Volunteer in East Timor (Teach Portuguese or Korean or Vocational Skills)
- Join us on a Ecological Internship in Indonesia
- Join Our Vietnam Language Exchange in Ho Chi Minh City
Posts by us
- Guide to volunteering in Thailand
- Guide to volunteering – caring for animals
- Best Places to Volunteer in Australia and How to Get There
- Considering volunteering abroad? Here’s a guide to the visa process
- The Best Digital Nomad Accommodation in Saranda, Albania
- Guide to exchanging work for accommodation and travelling for free