We’re Wichai’s Jungle Home Stay – a place to play, to pray, to lay and say. No special skills are needed but your hands and your heart.
Help and volunteer in sounthern Thailand – requirements & tasks
We are working on a small place to stay in nature. We call it “Wichai’s Jungle Home Stay”, it’s 30 km away from Surathani province in the south of Thailand.
For almost 60 years this place was abandoned until recently when we were given 1.5 hectares. Now it’s full of plant diversity. They grew by natural selection and support each other. While the area around is full of economic plants such as rubber tree plantations and palm oil plantations. We both love the forest so we planned to stay there by building a small house and stayed. That is a quiet place surrounded by the nature. You can hear birds’ songs, forest sounds, and 5 million stars in the sky at night. The place is good for taking a rest and refreshing your life.
The project started last year. Staying here away from the city among the Thai local people will allow you to learn real Thai lifestyle better than others tourists.
You will work for 3 hours a day, 5 days a week. Weekends are free.
The tasks will include for example:
- building a bamboo bridge
- building a tree house,
- cleaning and clearing areas,
- repairing tools,
- art projects,
- making a natural swimming pool.
Help and volunteer in sounthern Thailand – what we offer
You receive free accommodation in our rooms or tents. If our bamboo huts are empty, you can also live there. In each accommodation you will get a mattress, sheets, pillows, pillow cases, blankets and mosquito net. We have six bathrooms outside with cold and hot showers.
You will also learn the Thail culture and the work needed in our homestay – Wichai will teach you.
More volunteering opportunities in Asia
- Volunteer in a homestay in Vietnam, Cat Ba island.
- Teach English or Chinese in Thailand as a volunteer.
- Volunteer in Pai, Thailand and grow your management skills.
- Volunteering in Vietnam for tea lovers.
- Volunteer in north Vietnam & become a teaching assistant.
- Volunteer in Thailand with dogs. Rescue animals and enjoy Koh Chang island!
- Volunteer in Thailand with dogs and other animals.
- India invites travellers willing to share skills. Help to build a farm in Rajasthan.
Posts by us
- Guide to volunteering in Thailand
- Want to make a difference? Volunteer in agriculture
- Want to travel the world for free? Here’s how I did it for 10 years
- What is a help exchange and how does it work?
- How to volunteer responsibly and ethically abroad?
- How to escape the rat-race and become a Digital Nomad
- Here’s how to be a great HelpStay host