Be a Hotel Volunteer in Malaysia
Here’s how to Be a Hotel Volunteer in Malaysia. Help us upgrade our hotel, meditation & energy healing centre. We are looking for a diverse range of hard working volunteers, with different skills, know-how and backgrounds.
Our hotel/cabin is conveniently located just 3 minutes from the entrance to Mt Kinabalu National Park and only minutes from the picturesque mountain town of Kundasang, the renowned vegetable-growing area of Sabah.
We are surrounded by nature, forest wildlife, and an abundance of flowers and we are nestled right at the foothill of majestic Mt Kinabalu, South East Asia’s highest mountain and Malaysia’s World Heritage Site.
Stay duration: Preferred stay length is 2 weeks plus.
Places available: 9 volunteers
Hours & Roster: 5-8 hours a day, 6 days a week
What’s included? Free mixed dorm accommodation and all meals included.
What’s Not Included? Flights, internal transport, travel insurance, pocket money, visa
We require hotel volunteers who like hard work and have some experience in the following areas – hospitality, gardening, agriculture, building, or carpentry. Hotel Volunteers should have some of the following traits, know-how, or experience:
- Agricultural or horticultural background.
- Experience in construction work.
- Be responsible and have a friendly disposition.
- Be medically fit
We have several hotel volunteer opportunities on-site in areas such as the garden, wood construction, property maintenance, building, electrical, and arts/crafts. Hotel Volunteers will be expected to do a combination of work, based on a priority of where we are in a project.
Hours & Roster
- Approx. 5-8 hours a day – 6 days a week.
- Preferred stay length is 2 weeks plus.
- Email message conversation and resume so we can check your skills before agreeing on stay.
Sleeping: Mix dorm with en-suite shower facilities.
Linen & Laundry: We provide all linen. There is a laundry facility available on site.
Eating: Included free are 3 meals per day. Meals are mostly vegetarian.
Transport: We are only a 1-½ hour journey from Kota Kinabalu on the major highway connecting the East of Sabah to the West.
Amenities & Preferences
- Up to 9 hotel volunteers at a time.
- Over 18 years old preferred.
- Males, females and couples are welcome.
- Wi-Fi is available free.
More Volunteering Opportunities
- Help to build a jungle paradise while volunteering in southern Thailand.
- Volunteer in East Timor. Teach Portuguese, Korean, or Vocational Skills
- Help with English Teaching and Conversation in Hanoi, Vietnam
- Volunteer in Laos with our Educational Projects & Enjoy a Homestay
- Volunteer in a homestay in Vietnam, Cat Ba island.
- Volunteering in Spain for Teenagers in the Summer Time
- Volunteer in Serbia Working in our Belgrade Hostel Reception
- Volunteer Building an Eco Village in Austria
- Experience Permaculture Farm Volunteering in Belgium
- Join our Hotel Work Exchange as a Volunteer in Netherlands