Our School is located in Tuyen Quang, Vietnam. We’re looking for volunteers with an education and teaching background to assist our school in the Northeast Vietnam. If you are a self-motivated individual with an interest in teaching, learning about indigenous cultures being involved with the community, then this is the placement for you!
Volunteer in north Vietnam – requirements & tasks
Our school aims to help local students grow both in gaining a high level of English, traditional cultures and in life skills. The students here are very friendly and adorable, and they also like to communicate with the foreigners as well.
As an Education Assistant, you will provide your knowledge as an educator, share your experiences about the world, inspire children to learn and pursue further education. You will work directly with assigned teachers (including the host teacher), participate in activities both inside and outside the classroom, and be engaged with the community through intercultural events throughout the school year.
Each volunteer will be required to teach a maximum of 5 hours per day (- 8:00 am – 11:00 am and 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm) from Monday to Friday, leaving you weekends to explore surrounding areas.
- Completed university degree or college diploma
- You’ll need to commit to a minimum of one month. A long term volunteer to be a priority
- Strong understanding of working with primary and high school age students
- Be culturally sensitive and have an openness to learning about different cultures
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
According to Vietnam law recently, to do voluntary work, volunteers need to hold a business visa – DN1 visa therefore we must sponsor for all volunteers by sending an invitation letter with permit and issued by Vietnam Immigration Department to get the business visa.
Volunteer in north Vietnam – what we offer
Our school wishes to provide an opportunity for volunteers to learn and gain valuable skills. School’s staff takes pride in being able to support their volunteers and ensure that their experience is rewarding for volunteers.
We provide three meals per day, including a private kitchen with local, seasonal fresh food, fruits. We believe that the preparing meals together in the kitchen is a wonderful way of interacting with family members and friends, it creates life time memories.
Volunteers will stay at our school’s guesthouse, the comfortable house has 6 bedrooms rooms located over 3 floors with 1 – 2 volunteers per room. Each floor has its own bathroom with western style facilities and hot showers. Fans and air-conditioning are available for comfort during the summer months and bed linen is provided so volunteers need only bring personal toiletries and towels.
Our School is located in Tuyen Quang, Vietnam, the province is home to a great number of historical and cultural relic sites, and three national special relic sites is the Na Hang Nature Reserve that is dubbed the on-land Ha Long Bay with green mountains, impressive caves and waterfalls and primitive forests, well-known for thousands of flora and fauna species.
More volunteering opportunities in Asia
- Volunteer in Thailand with dogs. Rescue animals and enjoy Koh Chang island!
- Volunteer in Thailand with dogs and other animals.
- India invites travellers willing to share skills. Help to build a farm in Rajasthan.
- Volunteer in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Paint a hostel & party with backpackers.
- Volunteer in India and learn natural farming methods
- Volunteering for yoga teachers in India. Give classes and explore beautiful temples and nature!
- Volunteer in Nepal helping to create a sustainable community
Posts by us
- Going to southeast Asia? Here’s the visa guide
- My experience of volunteering in Laos and what you need to know
- Guide to being an Au Pair in New Zealand
- How I built a business without leaving my bedroom
- Volunteering in Ireland? Here’s 4 tips from a local
- 7 things to keep in mind when volunteering in Tunisia
- Ways you can change the world by volunteering