Fancy Rainforest Lodge Volunteering Ecuador? We’re located in one of the most interesting places in the world – the Amazon Rainforest of Ecuador. In exchange for 25 hours help a week, we offer free accommodation (comfortable). You’ll have lots of free time to explore this wonderful place. You’ll also improve your Spanish.
Hours & Roster: 25 hours a week, 2 days free
What’s the cost? Free accommodation
What’s Not Included? Flights, visa & volunteer travel insurance
Selection process: Message us about yourself, relevant experience, why you’d like to volunteer & the dates you would be available
Rainforest Lodge Volunteering Ecuador – Help Required
As a volunteer with us, you’ll help with some of the following tasks.
- Cleaning the lodge & maintenance – maintenance and cleaning of facilities, rooms & gardens.
- Helping with Tourists – customer care & service, reception staff duties & organisation, check in/out & reservations.
Hours & Roster
- Volunteers help 4-5 hours per a day, 5 days a week.
Sleeping: Volunteers have a separate private house fully equipped, it has a double bed and a bunk.
Linen & Laundry: Bed linen included, always good to bring your own towels and sleeping bag too for trips. Laundry facilities are available.
Eating: We can agree the eating/food arrangements, on confirmation of stay.
PUBLIC TRANSPORT FROM PUYO: From Puyo, you will need to take a Taxi to go from the main bus terminal to the local Bus Terminal Centinela del Oriente Bus Company. This will cost you 1 USD. They’re 5 Buses to Canelos per day, 6h00 9h30 12.h30 14.30 16h30. The trip from Puyo to Canelos will take you around 1 hour. (USD 1.60) Taxi service Puyo – Canelos around USD 25.
PUBLIC TRANSPORT FROM BANOS OR QUITO: From Banos or Quito Quitumbe Bus Terminal (located in the south of the city) you can take a Bus directly to Puyo. The trip will take you around 1 hour from Banos and 5 hours from Quito to join the city of Puyo.
Rainforest Lodge Volunteering Ecuador- Amenities & Preferences
- We accept two friends (depending on availability), males & females.
- All ages welcome, must be 18 +.
- Up to 4 volunteer places available.
- Learn Spanish: Chance to improve your Spanish.
- Local Activities: Enjoy the Bobonaza river beach, take a Rainforest tour, visit local communities or explore the Cacao trail.
- What to bring: Ideally, walking clothes should be light and allow the body to breathe without difficulty. Clothing that provides sun protection is also a great idea. We recommend that you wear neutral colours, such as shades of beige, green or grey, and avoid strong or bright colours, such as bright orange, red or white, so as to increase the chances of observing the wildlife.
More Volunteering Opportunities
- Cameroon Volunteering West Africa?
- Zimbabwe Volunteering Community Projects
- Assist in Our School Liberia
- Benin Hostel & Organic Farm Placement
- Go Volunteering Uganda
- Volunteer Sierra Leone
- Volunteer Sudan Africa
- Volunteer Togo Africa
- Morocco Teaching Placement
- Help run our Flourishing Business in South Africa