We’re a youngish couple who work in the city and maintain a small farm. Our farm is not a business but just a quiet cozy place to live away from the bustle of the city.
Volunteering in Uruguay over 30 – requiremenrs & tasks
If you are older than 30 years old, love animals and the land and responsible – you are welcome!
We need help with various tasks which include:
- gardening – watering, pruning, and weeding plants, grass mowing,
- general maintenance of the territory around the house,
- small DIY projects,
- farmstay help,
- animal care.
- minor repairs,
- shed cleaning,
- composting and various soil mixtures.
- sawing and chopping firewood
You’ll work for about 23 hours a week and have two days off.
Volunteering in Uruguay over 30 – what we offer
We offer accommodation and food for free (we buy supplies but you’ll need to cook for yourself). You’ll live in a sea refrigerated container converted into a guest house. It has a gas stove, shower, washing machine, kitchen, etc.
We can teach you how to work with horses and dogs, how to take care of the garden, composting and preparation of various soil mixtures, ecological farming, finishing work, carpentry, plumbing, work with electric and gasoline power tools, etc.
We are only 15 kilometers from the ocean and you can catch the bus several times a day.
More volunteering opportunities in South America
- Be a hostel volunteer on a Colombian island in the Caribbean Sea
- Volunteer Teaching English in Chile
- Learn Horse Polo in Argentina
- Enjoy a Hostel Work Exchange in Santiago, Chile
- Do you speak foreign languages? Volunteer in this hotel in Peru.
- Volunteer in Chile in a hotel made out of recycled shipping containers.
- Farm Volunteering & Living in Argentina
- Volunteer in Peru in this centre of wellness & longevity
- Colombia Teaching Placement in South America. Join & Share Your Language Skills.
Posts by us
- Guide to volunteering in South America
- Guide to volunteering – caring for animals
- What you need to know before you go volunteering on a farm
- Eight Free Gapyear Placements in South America in 2023 – if you Volunteer
- The volunteering visa guide to backpacking in South America
- Combining volunteer work with travel makes for a fulfilling retirement
- Want to travel the world for free? Here’s how I did it for 10 years