Come stay in Valparaiso, get to know guests from all over the world and stay in a Hotel made of reused & reconditioned container.
Volunteer in Chile in a hotel – requirements & tasks
We are a hotel, made with recycled shipping containers, placed in a residencial hill of Valparaiso, a city declared a world heritage site.
The spirit from the beginning was to create awareness by building a project based on sustainable practices, using recycled materials and methods, and also incorporating a wine concept, wanting to educate locals and foreigners about Chilean wine, in a accessible and more relaxed way, that’s why we have a small on site winery and also work with local producers (wineries) promoting their products and tourism programs.
We need help with the following tasks:
- Reception (day and night),
- Breakfast service,
- Bar service,
- Gardening, dog walking and general maintenance and cleaning.
You will work for about 25 hours a week.
Volunteer in Chile in a hotel – what we offer
Most of our team members are “porteños” (people that have been born and raised in Valparaiso). Everyone is very friendly and eager to get to know people from different places and backgrounds.
Helpers stay in the hotel rooms, we accommodate a maximum of 2 people per room, every room is an apartment studio with private bathroom and kitchen, they are placed in the first floor with access to one of the big terraces with a wide city and ocean view.
We provide food for breakfast, and some other items for lunch and dinner.
Our place is a great starting point to get to know the city, buses are available across the street to all the main city areas, we are 5 minutes walk from the city downtown, where you can take buses everywhere.
20 minutes away from the main touristic area by walking. While staying here they can visit all the main tourist attractions, take walking tours of the city, experience the nightlife, go to the beach in Viña del Mar, explore the sand dunes in Concon, etc.
More volunteering opportunities in South America:
- Volunteer in Peru in this centre of wellness & longevity
- Volunteer in a hostel in Ecuador & explore Bahia.
- Learn organic farming while volunteering in Ecuador.
- Help with social media marketing while volunteering in Bolivia and living in a jungle.
- Volunteer in Patagonia in Chile. Join a family farm.
- Volunteer in Argentina on a farm and help with a permaculture project.
Posts by us
- Eight free gap-year placements in South America in 2023 – if you volunteer
- The volunteering visa guide to backpacking in South America 2023
- Guide to volunteering – caring for animals
- Combining volunteer work with travel makes for a fulfilling retirement
- Volunteering and its Surprising Health Benefits
- Travelling with a visual disability? Here’s all you need to do (and know) to plan a trip
- Six amazing places in Portugal where you can stay for free – if you lend a hand