If you’d like to learn about farm animals – their care and feeding, then come visit us. We have lots of work and it is a perfect place to stay for a couple.
Volunteer in Chilean Patagonia – requirements & tasks
We live in Aysén region on a 120-hectare farm 30 minutes from Coyhaique. Here we keep sheep, poultry, pigs, cows, and we take care of our horse.
The tasks we face are to sow, harvest and feed the sheep/cows. In winter there is a lot of snow so our animals don’t have grass to eat and we have to feed them in bales.
We also cut trees from the forest to make and repair fences. In summer we dedicate ourselves to agrotourism. Tourist visit us to see birds, learn to milk cows and eat roasted lamb, which I prepare myself on an outdoor campfire.
We are happy to see the results of our labor, such as seeing little sheep, cows and piglets being born, eating healthy eggs and doing fun activities with tourists.
There are tasks to do every day, I would like you to help me with the chainsaw to cut trees, transport them. If you know something about carpentry, that would be great. But most importantly you need to be ready to help me with the animals. I will ask you for help for 30 hours a week.
Volunteer in Chilean Patagonia – what we offer
I love to share stories about life in Patagonia so you will learn a lot about it! You will also experience it first-hand and have an opportunity to see the beautiful views!
You will have accommodation in our house and place to prepare your food.
We do not have WiFi internet signal, but if you have a cell phone with Internet, get ENTEL sim card and it will have good reception.
More volunteering opportunities in South America:
- Volunteer in Argentina on a farm and help with a permaculture project.
- Volunteer with horses in Argentina and learn polo.
- Volunteer in Brazil and learn bio-construction.
- Volunteer teaching English in Colombia and have an impact on the students’ lives!
Posts by us
- Guide to writing a message to a host that gets you free accommodation
- 9 paid jobs for backpackers and their HelpStay alternatives
- Volunteer on Madeira Island, Portugal and enjoy the diversity of activities around!
- When the downturn came I took a sabbatical in Berlin
- Hostel work exchange in Port Barton — the paradise of the Philippines
- The 2022 digital nomad accommodation guide to Saranda
- Guide to living and teaching English in France in 2022
- Best places to volunteer in Australia in 2022 and how to get there