I’m Daniele and I live in a small city called Marina di San Lorenzo near Reggio di Calabria in Italy. Unfortunately, my Grandfather died last summer and he left me an entire palace of 9 flats to restore. I need your help to do that! Do you have the skills needed for renovation, restoring the garden, or taking care of tourists who come to the already renovated flats? It’s the oportunity for you!
Volunteer in Southern Italy – requirements & tasks
There are numerous tasks to do on the property so I’d like to create a family-like team with various skills!
Some flats are already renovated and the idea is to rent those to travelers during summer. If you’d like to work in hospitality, you will help with taking care of the guests and cleaning.
I also need helpers for building and renovation of the other flats and garden, I’d love you to help with the masonry, electrical systems and water systems.
You will work for around 5 hours, 5 days a week, usually in the morning from around 8 a.m.
What we offer if you volunteer in Southern Italy with us?
For your work, you will receive accommodation and food. I have two rooms, one with three beds and the other one with two. You will have access to a kitchen, fridge, TV, and WiFi.
I will come to the airport and pick you up if needed.
I would like to create a family vibe here and a great team of helpers. In your free time, you can enjoy the nearby sea and mountains. I also have a boat so we can make excursions on the weekends.
More volunteering opportunities in Italy
- Teach English in Italy and explore Amalfi coast.
- Join our guesthouse as volunteer in Liguria, northwestern Italy
- Volunteer in Sicily & learn about wood work and taking care of animals.
- Volunteer for free in Italy and help with outdoor tasks.
More volunteering opportunities in Europe
- Converse in English & discover Malta for free this summer
- Help out at a B&B in Normandy in France
- Take up this creative and fun opportunity to volunteer in Bavaria, Germany
- Volunteer at a glamping and hospitality business in Kos, Greece
- Help with gardening tasks while living in a scenic area of Denmark
Posts by us
- How to make the most of a gap year spent volunteering
- How to survive long term volunteering (packing and living tips)
- Best Places to Volunteer in Australia and How to Get There
- Considering volunteering abroad? Here’s a guide to the visa process
- The Best Digital Nomad Accommodation in Saranda, Albania
- Guide to exchanging work for accommodation and travelling for free