Fancy a working holiday in Denmark? Angela would like a helping hand with her garden in Aalborg, Denmark, a scenic and vibrant cultural hotspot between the East and North Sea.
Aalborg was recently on the New York Times’ list of top 10 destinations and is known as Europe’s happiest city!
In exchange for 30 hours of work a week & helping with gardening tasks, you’ll enjoy a private room and meals. Immediate availability, so don’t miss out.
We recommend having your own travel insurance in place.
Working holiday in Denmark – what you should know
Aalborg is a city in the Jutland region of Denmark. It’s known for its revitalized waterfront on the Limfjord, the body of water that cuts through Jutland. Also notable are the Aalborg Havnebad outdoor pool, exhibitions at the Utzon Center, and concerts at the futuristic House of Music.
Nearby is the 16th-century, half-timbered Aalborghus Castle.
The significance of Aalborg’s industry began to decline in the 1970s, precipitating a fall in the city’s population until about 1990 when it began to increase again. By the year 2000, the service and education sectors accounted for about 60 percent of the workforce, partly as a result of the founding of Aalborg University in 1974. Since 1970, Aalborg and the northern suburb of Nørresundby have become a major administrative center, thanks in part to the offices of the Region Nordjylland established in the east of the city.
More working holiday in Denmark opportunities
- Volunteer in Denmark. Help this family with building and gardening projects.
- Help us in our Beautiful Countryside B&B (Denmark)
- Renovating Old Farmhouse & Garden (Denmark)
Volunteering opportunities in Europe
- Teach English & Discover Europe For Free
- Volunteer in Southern Italy. Help with flat renovations and enjoy the sea and mountain views
- Teach English in Italy and explore Amalfi coast.
- Enjoy a working holiday in South of France, helping run our Guest Accommodation
- Work exchange in France: Help improve a property in the south west
- Couple required to help with Hotel and Activity Centre in Spain
- Work exchange in Portugal: On a Raspberry Farm in the Algarve
- Work exchange in Spain: An Olive farm in the mountains of Andalucía
Posts by us
- Volunteering in Off Grid Communities: What you need to know before you go
- How HelpStay reviews work for hosts and volunteer helpers
- 9 Volunteer Opportunities For Couples
- Travelling with a visual disability? Here’s all you need to do (and know) to plan a trip
- How to survive long term volunteering (packing and living tips)
Join our Volunteering Abroad Community on Facebook. It’s a group to ask questions, share your experiences, and meet other volunteers. See you there >>