We are a small family of four, me Fuchsia, my husband Jeroen, from the netherlands and 2 children, living on a small farm in the countryside near Thisted, North Jutland in Denmark. We are working towards becoming as self sufficient as possible and we are in the (slow) process of starting up a small scale animal sanctuary. Currently we have 17 cats, 2 old goats, 20-ish chickens a dog and bees. We need your help!
Volunteer in Denmark – requirements & tasks
On a small farm like ours, help is needed all year round. We need help mostly with repairs and maintenance of our place but also gardening, fixing up a caravan, etc. We have many projects on our minds so we will do our best to accommodate your skills. You will help us for about 20 hours a week.
We are somewhat alternative and maybe a bit hippyish, doing our best with little means, and just want to enjoy life as simply as its possible while still being comfortable 🙂
Volunteer in Denmark – what we offer
We do not have a big budget so most work is based on volunteering and using what is available when needed. We offer food and accommodation for the work. Conditions are far from a hotel but we do our best 🙂 We have a small caravan in the barn until the big caravan is fixed up (it’s one of the projects). There is internet, shared kitchen and bathroom.
You will have your private time, and we can adjust working hours.
Other volunteering opportunities in Europe
- Experience family life while volunteering in Mallorca, Spain
- Volunteer in lovely Slovenia. Help looking after guests & apartments.
- Volunteer on a farm in the west of Ireland near the stunning Cliffs of Moher.
- Share a house with fun people and volunteer in Switzerland for free
- Volunteering in northern Italy. Help to renovate an old mountain house.
- Volunteer in Florence, Italy and get to know a hospitality business.
- Become a qualified TEFL teacher on a sponsored cultural exchange programme in Poland.
- Interested in sustainability? Help to develop this permaculture project in Portugal.
Posts by us
- 8 steps to being a great host
- What 8 years of bootstrapping a startup has taught me
- TEFL guide to seeing the world for next to nothing as an English teacher
- Guide to teaching English and living in Vietnam
- Are you too old to travel?
- How to choose the best volunteering abroad option for you
- Meet a great host who’s offering a stay in a nature park in Greece
- Meet our host who’s offering a farm stay in Ireland