I am Claudio and I love to travel and meet new people. I need help with gardening and remodelling an old mountain house in Piemonte, Italy. I’d love to welcome you 🙂
Volunteering in northern Italy – requirements & tasks
I would love to welcome two people to help with the remodeling of an old mountain house. I have general garden tasks and manual labour to do, for example preparing and painting walls, windows, and furniture, help with laying tiles, assembling furniture, and building a new kitchen.
I am also planning an organic vegetable garden, a wooden pergola, and perhaps a small pool with a deck. Help with any of these would be greatly appreciated.
There are a lot of things to do here in different areas, various skills can be applied. You can let me know what your qualities/preferences are.
If you know electrical and wiring work, it would be a plus.
The house is not accessible by car, it is located 200 meters uphill from the parking, so I also need help with carrying materials to the house.
You will work for about 25 hours a week. I am flexible on a work schedule. We can discuss 3 long days or 5 half days.
Volunteering in northern Italy – what we offer
The house is a 15-minute drive from a city, Domodossola, located in Merro. It’s a small and rustic Italian village with forests around. You can go for walks, hikes, and mountain biking.
I will provide meals an allowances, you will have access to a small kitchen and fridge so you can stock up and cook what you like. You will have your own room and bathroom, including free WiFi.
I am not staying full-time on-site so it’s an opportunity for you if you like your privacy 🙂
Other volunteering opportunities in Europe
- Volunteer in Florence, Italy and get to know a hospitality business.
- Become a qualified TEFL teacher on a sponsored cultural exchange programme in Poland.
- Interested in sustainability? Help to develop this permaculture project in Portugal.
- Help to restore a garden while volunteering in Scotland.
- Become a qualified TEFL teacher on a sponsored cultural exchange programme in Italy.
- Volunteer at a vegan animal sanctuary in France.
- Help to develop a craft business while volunteering in Portugal.
- Help to take care of a home and garden; Volunteer in southern Italy.
Posts by us
- Are you too old to travel?
- How to choose the best volunteering abroad option for you
- Meet a great host who’s offering a stay in a nature park in Greece
- Meet our host who’s offering a farm stay in Ireland
- Planning to go to Italy on a help exchange? We interview a great host
- 8 reasons to take a gap year abroad
- Want to make a difference? Volunteer in agriculture
- The me generation? How to engage millennials in volunteering