Would you like to volunteer in Normandy at a Bed and Breakfast in the beautiful french countryside? We receive guests from all round the world, but in the early months they are mainly from France. It really does help if you can speak good conversational French.
The village of Le Luot is very small and provides a peaceful and relaxing environment so please don’t expect to find bars and nightclubs in the area.
You are invited to help us provide a quality service for our guests in a beautifully restored village house in some lovely Normandy countryside! The Normandy Bed and Breakfast work can be quite demanding at times but the rewards can be enormous.
Le Luot is about 90 minutes from the Channel Ports of Caen and Cherbourg, and 3 hours from Paris. Its peaceful, quiet but a great place to live!!! It has rail links with Paris from the station at Villedieu-les-poeles.
Volunteer in Normandy – tasks & roles
You will be asked to assist with the breakfasts and evening meals and will be encouraged to make contact with our guests, hopefully using your language skills to help make all our visitors feel at home!
You will be shown how the booking system works – it is quite complicated with guests attracted from many different websites. I would expect you to spend some time each day at the computer handling these requests. When busy the work may take a little longer than normal and I would be happy to offer a small way or allowance to compensate!
Work Hours are flexible and reflect the numbers of current guests. This can always be discussed and agreed, while we are prepared to offer a small payment where extra hours are offered.
Volunteer in Normandy – living arrangements
You should have your own room – on occasions you may have to share a room with another helper.
There are two railway stations close to the house. One at Avranches and the other at Villedieu-les-poeles. Helpers usually fly or arrive by bus or train in Paris – from there a train to Villedieu takes three hours. Ouibus and Flixbus will bring you to Avranches if you prefer to travel by bus.
We are always available to advise on travel plans and will always collect you from the station.
There is a great deal of flexibility over work roles and hours. If helpers so choose we will pay a small wage for working extra hours. Every helper is different when it comes to both skills and interests. We will plan your stay together so that everyone is happy!
We recommend that you have your own travel insurance.
More HelpStay opportunities in France
- Experience a Chateau Life Residency (northern France)
- Help us prepare our garden for the winter (northern France)
- Small Holding Help Needed (France)
- Help with the running of our Guest Accommodation (South of France)
- Work exchange and help improve our property (south west France)
More volunteering opportunities in Europe
- Volunteer in Russia helping at a Summer Festival
- Come Experience Organic Farming in Germany
- Volunteering in Spain for Teenagers in the Summer Time
- Volunteer in Serbia Working in our Belgrade Hostel Reception
- Volunteer Building an Eco Village in Austria
Posts by us
- How to launch your business during lockdown
- How HelpStay reviews work for hosts and volunteer helpers
- Travelling with a visual disability? Here’s all you need to do (and know) to plan a trip
- How to survive long term volunteering (packing and living tips)
- Five simple tips and tricks to help you work remotely