Volunteer Togo Africa? Volunteer in Africa helping our NGO working with children to develop our project and improve education in Togo. We are looking for volunteers to help in our children’s day care centres. Prior experience in working with children aged 3-5 is required, as well as basic French knowledge. French is essential to interact with the local teacher and the rest of the staff.
We are called SADA and are a non-governmental organization (NGO) in Southern Togo, West Africa. We work in many areas – running programmes for women’s literacy and empowerment in rural villages, improving waste management/water sanitation, assisting in health care, assisting students to go to school and also making sure that they eat while there so they can focus on their studies.
Next available dates: Ongoing requirement, contact us
Stay duration: Preferably 2 weeks +
Places available: 6 placements
Hours & Roster: 30 hours a week
What’s included? Free accommodation
What’s Not Included? Flights, visa, meals (€5 a day), internal transportation & insurance
Selection process: Message us about your relevant experience, why you’d like to volunteer with us & the dates you would be available
Volunteer Togo Africa – Help Required
We are looking for cheerful, outgoing and friendly volunteers who can help in the following areas.
- Help in our children’s day care centres.
- Prior experience in working with children aged 3-5 is essential.
- Must have basic French knowledge. Children speak Ewe, the local language but French is Togo’s official language. We are trying to use French in the centres. Furthermore French is essential to interact with the local teacher and the rest of the staff.
- We need creative people, who can teach through games and playing, who like to invent games, acting and have a lot of patience. Volunteers will be responsible for the teaching and playing with about 25-35 children who will be sided by a local woman, helping taking care of the children and translating when needed.
Hours & Roster
- We require 25 – 30 hours help per week but we are flexible.
- Preferably 2 weeks + & 3 months max stay.
- Message us about your relevant experience, why you’d like to volunteer with us, the dates you would be available.
- Ongoing need, contact us.
Sleeping: The accommodation a free home stay (African family integration). There is electricity and clean water.
Linen & Laundry: All linen and towels are supplied. Laundry facilities included also.
Eating: We are a non-profit charity organisation and don’t charge volunteers but because volunteers tend not to like African food immediately, we ask them to assist us with a contribution of 5 Euros per day to cater for their western food/diet.
Transport: We provide the airport pick up at any time.
Volunteer Togo Africa – Amenities & Preferences
- Accommodate up to 6 volunteers helpers at any one time.
- 18 years +.
- No gender preference, all nationalities welcome.
- Single travelers, couples or two friends are welcomed and accommodated.
- Internet is available locally.
- Language Skills: You will improve your French as you will speak it every day.
- Certification: We enable volunteers through motivation, encouragement and support to initiate and implement their own projects or ideas for communities in need. Volunteers will be given certificates/recommendation after volunteer period.
More Volunteering Opportunities
- Volunteer Sierra Leone
- Volunteer Sudan Africa
- Morocco Teaching Placement
- Volunteer on a Permaculture Project in Tasmania, Australia
- Organic Produce Farming Australia
- Hostel Volunteer Work Australia
- Clearing, Planting & Building Help Australia
- Enjoy a Hostel Work Exchange in Tel-Aviv, Israel
- Hostel Palestine Volunteering
- Belgrade Hostel Volunteering in Serbia