We’re a Swedish/French UN worker couple who travels much for work, thus need another set of hands and eyes on site. Excellent opportunity for the wilderness lover or sports enthusiast. Is that you?
Volunteer in Kenya – requirements & tasks
Help needed for private horse yard with eight horses, in Maanzoni wildlife conservation area one hours drive outside of Nairobi, Kenya, in open beautiful savanna landscape with plenty of zebras, giraffes, wildebeests, gazelles and more.
Tasks consist of the general yard and horse-related duties along with an opportunity to engage in environmental or wildlife conservation based on interest.
General yard work takes approximately 4 hours daily. We need help with various stable, horse, and yard tasks, gardening and animal care (dogs, cats, chicken, cows), riding and exercising/training/competition of horses (dressage and jumping) according to ability,
If you’d like, you can help the local resident association and Kenya Wildlife Service rangers with environmental and wildlife conservation tasks such as patrolling the area by car or horse collecting snares or tracking injured wildlife, or helping in an ongoing giraffe research project.
Volunteer in Kenya – what we offer
You’ll get free accommodation in a private self-contained guest cottage with a kitchenette. Food supplies are provided for own cooking. You’ll eat some meals together with the host.
You’ll have plenty of opportunities for sports, access to a 25m pool on site, a perfect environment for walking, running, cycling or rock climbing (Lukenya Crag – at 6 km distance).
Pocket money paid negotiable based on experience and duration of stay. You’ll get an apartment in Nairobi when visiting the city.
Other volunteering opportunities in Africa
- Empower youth and women while volunteering in Malawi.
- Volunteer in Tanzania & help children from vulnerable families get better education.
- Volunteer in Namibia and help and artist with her projects.
- Volunteer in Uganda, teach children and improve their lives!
- Volunteer in Uganda with us – Be part of our Development Program
- Volunteer with children in Sierra Leone, Africa and encourage their development
- Teach in Morocco – Converse with our pupils in exchange for free accommodation
Posts by us
- Guide to volunteering – caring for animals
- 7 steps to finding your calling
- Guide to being an Au Pair in New Zealand
- How I built a business without leaving my bedroom
- Volunteering in Ireland? Here’s 4 tips from a local
- 7 things to keep in mind when volunteering in Tunisia
- Ways you can change the world by volunteering