We’re a non-governmental organization which was started by twin sisters Esther and Janet after being touched by the lives of 3 orphaned children. The number gradually increased – and now we run a school for children with disabilities, orphans, and children from families living in absolute poverty with no chances of going to a public school. We’d love you to come and help us develop this project.
Volunteer in Uganda and teach – requirements and tasks
We are dedicated to providing holistic interventions that meet the needs of our vulnerable youth and children, especially those living in vulnerable conditions, disadvantaged and undeserved groups.
Our specific interventions include Health Rights, education scholarships for vulnerable children and youth empowerment. Our education program offers both formal education and general life development.
You will be teaching children for around 21 hours a week. Your day off will be Sunday.
We believe that good ideas come from anyone, anywhere so we would love to hear your ideas on how to make the world for our children and youth a better place.
Volunteer in Uganda and teach – what we offer?
We offer you a free accommodation. Our home is a 3 bedroomed self contained house with a kitchen, living room and restrooms. You will probably share a room with other volunteers, this depends on how many we’ll have on site.
We only charge a fee of 10£ a day for meals. Volunteers can also feel free to cook meals on their own.
More volunteering opportunities in Africa
- Volunteer in Uganda with us – Be part of our Development Program
- Volunteer with children in Sierra Leone, Africa and encourage their development
- Teach in Morocco – Converse with our pupils in exchange for free accommodation
- Volunteer at our lakeside Eco Retreat Centre and Community School in Uganda
- We welcome Extra Hands on our Self Sufficient Homestead
- Join us on a Volunteer Placement in Ouarzazate City, Morocco
Posts by us
- How to survive long term volunteering (packing and living tips)
- Combining volunteer work with travel makes for a fulfilling retirement
- Angels in disguise: The Tumbleweeds of Shakespeare and Company bookstore
- Here’s how to be a great HelpStay host
- What is a help exchange and how does it work?
- Finding the perfect going away gift for a work colleague going travelling