Volunteer in Uganda with us! Programs range from Teaching, Healthcare, Working with Refugees, Wildlife Conservation and Agriculture.
Ssamba Foundation is a self-sustaining community based development organization in Mukono District, Uganda founded in 2006 by Hon. Isaac Ssamba.
You are responsible for your flight, visas and living costs, there is a administration fee (€100/once off) to get involved. We appreciate your time and allow you to use your compassion and skills to help make the world a better place!
Volunteer in Uganda with us – for how long can volunteers stay?
We ask volunteers interested in the Uganda volunteer work to commit at least 4 weeks in order to ensure a worthwhile experience. But we accept volunteers from a minimum of 4 weeks’ duration.
We want every volunteer to feel that their time in Uganda was put to good use and that they had adequate time to make an impact. The preferred length of trip for a volunteer’s first visit is 4 -12 weeks. Although we do not strictly prohibit shorter stays, we do request that our volunteers are able to offer at least one week of voluntary services.
Occasionally we will allow for a shorter stay than one month, but this is handled on a case by case basis. We understand that it can sometimes be difficult for doctors, to take a full month off. Therefore, doctors can come for a three-week period.
Volunteer in Uganda with us – what do we offer?
The Volunteering Program in Uganda offered by Ssamba Foundation is completely free. Volunteers receive 3 meals, accommodation, airport pickup, and an orientation briefing when they arrive.
Volunteering in Uganda with Ssamba Foundation provides a unique deeper cultural experience: you will have the opportunity to work with a Ugandan and International team, and have the opportunity of creating your own projects.
- You must be over 18 yrs.
- You must speak some English (you don’t need to be fluent).
- A copy of your passport with 6+ months validity.
- Placement commitment fee.
- Criminal Record, Background Check report or Police Statement.
- We recommend travel/life personal insurance.
- You must commit at least 4 weeks’ minimum (longer stays are much appreciated).
- You must be Sociable, Energetic, Positive & Fun!
Who are we looking for?
We accept local and internationals volunteers who are full of enthusiasm, and who enjoy working with people from a different culture background. The minimum age to participate is 18. Candidates must speak English, in order to adapt themselves quickly and to be able to interact with local people.
We need people who possess the willingness to commit themselves to a long-term project, prepared for day-to-day challenges. Also important: our lifestyle is simple; we don’t have any luxuries here, beside the luxury of being in the middle of a beautiful natural landscape, and working for a meaningful cause.
More volunteering opportunities in Africa
- Volunteer with children in Sierra Leone, Africa and encourage their development
- Teach in Morocco – Converse with our pupils in exchange for free accommodation
- Volunteer at our lakeside Eco Retreat Centre and Community School in Uganda
- We welcome Extra Hands on our Self Sufficient Homestead
- Join us on a Volunteer Placement in Ouarzazate City, Morocco