Fancy Clearing, Planting & Building Help Australia? We welcome a couple or one/two singles to help with clearing and planting a fairly steep slope of native bush in order to mitigate bush fire vulnerability for the house. We also need clearing of feral plants (lantana, blue top, camphor laurel etc.), road work and rock wall building.
Clearing, Planting & Building Help Australia – Quick Checks
Hours & Roster: 20 hours per a week
What’s included? Free accommodation
What’s Not Included? Flights, visa, pocket money & volunteer travel insurance
Selection process: Message me about your relevant experience, why you’d like to volunteer & the dates you would be available
- Help with clearing and planting a fairly steep slope of native bush in order to mitigate bushfire vulnerability for the house. We also need clearing of feral plants (lantana, blue top, camphor laurel etc.), road work and rock wall building.
Hours & Roster
- We ask for 4 hours per day 5 days per week from each of our volunteers. That is 20 hours per week and days off are by mutual arrangement. We do not do any teaching as such.
- We usually agree on an initial stay of two weeks, with and extension of another 2 or 3 weeks if we all get on well together. Obviously we instruct and supervise the work as much as is necessary, but expect that volunteers bring basic work skills with them.
- We hope they will be self-starting and enthusiastic and we have yet to be disappointed!
Sleeping: There is a comfortable bedroom available with a queen bed for a single or a couple and a bed available in our (camper) van for the second worker if needed. We have a well-equipped modern split level home with good TV reception and broadband internet with Wi-Fi connectivity. Our service has been recently upgraded meaning Skype works very well. Recently Telstra, the largest national mobile carrier commissioned a new tower nearby. So we now have good mobile phone coverage too! We also have quite a good library of books CD’s, DVD’s and Blue Rays.
Linen & Laundry: Linen and towels supplied or bring your own. Laundry facilities available onsite.
Eating: Ask us about eating arrangements.
Transport: We usually pick up our volunteer workers at Gold Coast International Airport (about 70 km away) or at the Travel depot in Murwillumbah, our local town. Some workers come with their own vehicles and google maps brings them right to our gate!
Clearing, Planting & Building Help Australia – Amenities & Preferences
- Anyone who is willing and able.
- Space for 2 volunteers.
- Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Getting about: For those volunteers who don’t have a car we bring them to town, the beach, or the national parks one or two times per week. We also take them shopping and with
us when we visit customers, if they wish.
- Around us: We are immersed in the forest. The property is almost fully covered in sclerophyll forest with pockets of rainforest in the gullies. We are adjacent to the Border Ranges and Lamington National Parks.
- Local wildlife: Half a dozen red-necked pademelons (little wallabies), red-necked wallabies, and grey kangaroos are often about trimming the grass. A huge 1.8 meter long lace monitor sometimes visits for water and to bask in the sun and a truly humungous echidna spends time disassembling our rock wall and tiled patio to get at the ants!
- Cycling: We have a pair of mountain bikes so you will be able to explore the local area!
More Volunteering Opportunities
- Volunteer in Costa Rica and Work in Exchange for Room and Board
- La Esperanza Volunteering Granada, Nicaragua
- ESL Teaching Volunteer Placements Guatemala City
- Marketing Placement Abroad in Costa Rica
- Costa Rica Beach Hostel Volunteering
- Join our Fighting Poverty 10 month Program in Caribbean & Belize
- Eco Village Volunteering in Dominican Republic
- Volunteer Help with Education in Dominican Republic
- Outdoor Jobs Assisting in Canada
- Help us Build an Off Grid Yoga Retreat in United States