Enjoy Organic Produce Farming Australia. We operate a small organic produce farm on 25 acres growing vegetables and fruit crops for the local market. We need lots of help to get crops growing and general clean up around the property.
Organic Produce Farming Australia – Stay Overview
Organic Produce Farming Australia – Quick Checks
Hours & Roster: 30 hours a week, 2 days free
What’s included? Accommodation & full board
Selection process: Message me about your relevant experience, why you’d like to volunteer with me & the dates you would be available. Prove to me that you’ve read through our profile & your profile must be complete (description and photo). We recommend having travel insurance.
Organic Produce Farming Australia – Tasks & Roles
Help Required: I am Angie and together with my two children aged 11 and 16 we operate a small organic produce farm on 25 acres. We are growing vegetables and fruit crops for the local market. We need lots of help to get crops growing and general clean up around the property.
Organic Produce Farming Australia – Living
- Sleeping: Two Self-contained rooms with kitchenettes and sharing the bathroom sleeping a total of five people. Rooms are to be kept clean and tidy with a full room clean being completed before your departure, washing machine is provided. Personal hygiene items are not provided.
- Linen & Laundry: Linen included or bring your own. Laundry facilities are available.
- Eating: Ingredients provided for self-help breakfast and Lunch with evening meals being a combined effort. Special dietary supplements are not provided.
- Transport: Our farm is located 10km from Yeppoon on the Capricorn Coast with the nearest bus stop being a 2km walk on the highway. Travelers not driving their vehicles will need to stop at Rockhampton, then can catch a local bus to Yeppoon. Arrangements for pickup in Rockhampton (approximately 80km round trip) can be made at an extra cost for fuel.
Organic Produce Farming Australia – What Else…
- I accept male, females & couples volunteers.
- There are 5 places in total.
- About the area: We are located on the Capricorn Coast Experience a unique holiday in Capricorn – with the best of surf, sand, and sea, breath-taking national parks, Australian native wildlife, and wonders of the Southern Great Barrier Reef. Enjoy the perfect steak in Australia’s Beef Capital – Rock Hampton, explore the emerald green rainforest and sweeping sandstone cliffs in Carnarvon Gorge, fossick for sparkling jewels at the Sapphire Gemfields, or enjoy the Capricorn Coast’s pristine beaches at Yeppoon. Dive, snorkel, or sail through Great Barrier Reef at Great Keppel Island.
SafetyWing is the world’s first insurance made for nomads, by nomads. Get global travel medical for $37 per a month. Get Insured >>
More Volunteering Opportunities
- Volunteer on our Permaculture Project in Tasmania, Australia
- Help to renovate a beach shack while volunteering in Australia.
- Volunteer skills in Australia while staying at our Barrington Park Resort
- Volunteer on a vineyard in Autrialia & learn winemaking.
- Sri Lanka Teaching Placement
- India Teaching Placement in Beautiful Kerala
- Volunteer Eco Project India
- Teach English Tibetan Community
- Gap Year Volunteer India
- Come Volunteering Helping Kids in India