India Teaching Placement in Beautiful Kerala? Volunteer in India as a school assistant by joining us on our India Teaching Placement. We started in 2014 as a Kindergarten and Day Care in the city of Trivandrum. We have now 2 schools for age groups from 6 months to 5 years.
India Teaching Placement – Quick Facts
Hours & roster: 30 hours a week
What’s included? Free apartment accommodation, breakfast, lunch & dinner provided, airport pickup & stipend
What’s Not Included? Flights, travel insurance & visa
Selection process: Message us about your relevant experience, why you’d like to volunteer with us & the dates you would be available
India Teaching Placement – Help Required
- You should be 18+ and a native English speaker. You should be able to read stories to children and do necessary corrections in their pronunciation when they speak English. Monitoring the hygiene and cleanliness as well as health and safety.
- We recruit teachers who love children, who have positive expectations of children, and who are willing to give the time and energy necessary to meet the needs of individual students.
India Teaching Placement – Hours & Roster
- 30 hours a week. The school’s opening hours are from 8:30 am to 6 pm, 5 days a week. You have to be in the school or at our other locations for 5-6 hours per day, the preferred time would be 9 am-3 pm. Weekends are free.
- Minimum stay length is 1 month. Preferred stay 4 months.
- Message us about your relevant experience, why you’d like to volunteer with us & the dates you would be available.
Sleeping: You will stay on the school building top floor with a double en-suite bedroom with air conditioning.
Linen & Laundry: Linen and towels will be provided. Laundry facilities are available.
Eating: Breakfast, lunch and dinner provided free too.
Airport Transport: Transportation to and from the Airport will be provided.
India Teaching Placement – Amenities & Preferences
- Accommodate up to 2 volunteers at any one time.
- Male, female, and couples accepted and welcomed.
- 18 + age preference.
- Internet access.
- Sightseeing & Learning: You can enjoy the beautiful beaches in Trivandrum. You will learn how to run a school as well as enjoy the culture with all the luxuries of the modern world. If you have a passion to continue then we are open to considering a long-term plan for you.
- Transport & Stipend: You will have local assistance to take you around either in a 2 wheeler or a car.
More Volunteering Opportunities
- Help with English Teaching and Conversation in Hanoi, Vietnam
- Learn farming using organic and natural methods in Japan.
- Volunteer on a permaculture farm in India near Mumbai
- Glamping Site Construction Helping France
- Work Accommodation Food France
- Teach English in Honduras, Central America
- Volunteer at a Panama Surf Paradise & Live for Free
- Volunteer in Costa Rica and Work in Exchange for Room and Board
Posts by us
- Guide to volunteering in India
- Travelling with a visual disability? Here’s all you need to do (and know) to plan a trip
- Considering volunteering in Sri Lanka? Meet Giuliana who can help you do just that!
- 6 Ways Travelling Can Boost Your Mindfulness
- Here’s why the people you meet abroad will be your friends for life