Fancy Glamping Site Construction helping in Pyrenees, France? We along with our 2 children are looking to start an Eco project in the midi Pyrénées, France. Join us!
We are currently negotiating the purchase of a 5-hectare site with existing buildings and are hoping to start soon. We greatly need help with all the work we have planned so are looking for 10 volunteers for 6 months. The project aims to create an energy-positive, self sustaining, Eco tourist village.
Help with construction in France – requirements & tasks
The scope of work includes:
- Installation of micro waste processing
- Installation of well and water purification
- Installation of reversible ground source heat pump
- Installation of solar arrays
- Installation of wind turbine
- Installation of thermal and electrical stores
- Construction of toilet/shower block
- Renovation of period property using both modern and traditional methods
- Conversion of barn into accommodation
- Construction of glamping tents/yurts/teepee
- Landscaping and planting of trees
- Installation of pool
- Clearing of woodland
We will be erecting 6 large bell tents in the main field for all of our accommodation, with a large fire pit in the center for evening/communal activities, which will provide sustenance throughout. We could also do some pick-ups from the airport, but not for short stays, sorry 🙁
In return, we ask for 5 days a week at 6 hours a day, of positive teamwork, with the weekend to spend at your leisure. Any previous construction experience would be advantageous but not necessary, also things like a driving license, French fluency, super cook, great personality, etc would help. We are looking for a diverse range of people, to make the experience more enjoyable for everyone. We could also really use some help with a website, marketing, and helping us and any other volunteers learn French and German
Glamping Site Construction – Basic information
- Stay duration: min 12 day(s)
- Minimum Age: 18+
- Places available for: 10 helpers
Glamping Site Construction – Help Required
- General Maintenance
- Help with Eco project
- Cooking / shopping
- Language practise
- Help with Computers / internet
Lots of construction work and manual labour. Purchasing/negotiating/pick ups/web design/language teaching. We’re also looking for 10 volunteers, so lots of cooking/cleaning.
Glamping Site Construction – Living
- Accommodation: Other
- Room type: Twin Bed Private
We will be erecting 6 large bell tents in the main field, this will accommodate all of us, so 2 persons per tent, These tents will eventually be hired out for glamping and are suitable for 4, so good quality and plenty of room inside. Also sharing will be either 2 male or 2 female, unless a couple, in which case we can provide a double bed. Construction of the toilet block will happen within the first couple of weeks, where each tent will have access to private lockable washing and WC facilities.
Glamping Site Construction – Getting There
- Toulouse–Blagnac Airport. Toulouse Blagnac Airport (French: Aéroport de Toulouse–Blagnac) (IATA: TLS, ICAO: LFBO) is an international airport located 3.6 nautical miles (6.7 km; 4.1 mi) west northwest of Toulouse, and partially in Blagnac, both communes of the Haute-Garonne department in the Occitanie region of France.
The nearest airport is either Toulouse 1hr 20min or Pau 45min. For Longstay volunteers, we can collect from either airport.
Glamping Site Construction – What else?
- Own travel insurance recommended.
- Males & Females welcome.
- Couples accommodated.
- Pets allowed.
SafetyWing is the world’s first insurance made for nomads, by nomads. Get global travel medical insurance. Get Insured >>
More Volunteering Opportunities
- Volunteer in Southern Italy. Help with flat renovations and enjoy the sea and mountain views
- Teach English in Italy and explore Amalfi coast.
- Help with tasks on a farmstead with Anglo-French vibes in England.
- Volunteer in a spiritual community in Sweden
- Join Our South African School Project
- Experience Tanzania as a Volunteer
- School Assistant Kenya, Africa
- Kenya Volunteer Placement
- Teaching American Curriculum Ghana
- Africa Calling? Make Music in Zambia