Experience Tanzania as a Volunteer. Volunteers play an integral part in growing our projects. Whether you are new to volunteering, or a relatively experienced volunteer, we believe that everyone has a part to play, as long as you have the desire to help.
Experience Tanzania as a Volunteer – Quick Checks
Hours & Roster: Approx. 35 hours a week
What’s Not Included? Flights, visa, airport drop off & volunteer travel insurance
Selection process: Message us about your relevant experience, why you’d like to volunteer with us & the dates you would be available
Experience Tanzania as a Volunteer – Help Required
Depending on the project in which the volunteer works.
- We have the educational project in which volunteers usually help local teachers in every subject of the school (except on suajili).
- We have the construction project in which volunteers help local workers and the architect to build different buildings of our own school.
- We have a medical project in which volunteers carry out medical check-up on all the students of the school (around 150 people) and organize seminars with a women association of Mvuleni, the village where the school is.
Hours & Roster
- Mostly, volunteers work 35 hours per week and the weekend is free but also we can organize a specific schedule attending only for some activities.
Sleeping: We manage a small Hostel in Moshi called Karibu Hostel, to reduce the dependency of the private donations. This is the place where the volunteers usually stay but sometimes we receive volunteers with stay in different hostels of Moshi. The prices depend on the number of days that the volunteer work with us. Approx. USD $20 a day covers shared room, breakfast & dinner.
About Karibu Hostel: We created the hostel so the project can be self-sustainable. Karibu Hostel is located in a very secure area, only 5min walk from the city center of Moshi, Tanzania. We offer accommodation to short and long term volunteers, as well as backpackers and travellers. We have 4 and 6 mixed bedrooms where you can get to know other people really close, a double room and two Zanzibar huts, for those who want more intimacy. This fully furnished hostel with all facilities will make your stay comfortable. Hot water, mosquito nets, fridge, lockers, volleyball field, bar, swimming pool, Wi-Fi. You can even watch movies or play some cards in our great living room combined with a spacious terrace, where you can chat with other volunteers for hours while looking at the moon and stars. The best of all is that by staying with us you will be supporting the community of Newlands and its kids.
Linen & Laundry: Linen provided and there is laundry facilities on site.
Eating: Meals included as part of the Hostel stay.
Transport: The nearest airport is Kilimanjaro International Airport which is 35km from Karibu Hostel. If the volunteer want a taxi, it costs 55.000 TZS.
Experience Tanzania as a Volunteer – Amenities & Preferences
- The minimum age to participant is 18 years old.
- 5 places but depends on the month. For example, July and August we usually are very busy because big groups of volunteers come with a specific program.
- We accept males, females, couples or families.
- VOLUNTEER VISA: Up to 3 months 250 US dollars (includes Tourist Visa) applied in the airport.
More Volunteering Opportunities
- Enjoy Farming and Teaching Volunteering in Thailand
- Vietnam Teach English and Live in Ha Giang
- Animal Sanctuary Volunteering Thailand
- Teach in Cambodia with us
- Be a Yoga Studio Volunteer in Cambodia
- Volunteer East Timor (No fees, free room & board)
- Volunteer Teach Vietnam (Leads to Paid Positions)
- Be a Hotel Volunteer in Malaysia
- Teach English Tibetan Community
- Help to Build an off grid Bamboo House in Thailand