Try Vietnam! 🙂 Teach English and Live in Ha Giang. We are always in need of skilled volunteers who can contribute positively to our teaching requirements.
We promise you that as a volunteer you will get as much joy and benefits as the people and community you help.
My name is Nga (Nancy), Director of Highland School in Ha Giang province, Vietnam (North of Hanoi). At the moment, we have some vacancies for volunteer English teaching to young kids at our school.
Volunteers will, of course, be provided with food and accommodation, as well as transport from Noi Bai airport in Hanoi to the school.
Besides teaching, we go to karaoke, go swimming, go to “Bun Cha” place or “Pho” places together, etc for free. And each volunteer is given our special uniform.
After you finish working with us, we will give you a certificate of teaching, too. We also teach at the orphanage. I hope it’s a good place for us to share everything because we are a big family.
Our social work would not run without kind international volunteers. We are always in need of skilled volunteers who can contribute positively to our teaching requirements.
Vietnam Teach English – Volunteer Requirements
- Fluent in English.
- Be able to demonstrate a passion for educational development.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills.
- Teaching experience or a teaching certificate are advantages.
Hours & Roster
- Food and accommodation will be provided for the volunteers who stay for 2 weeks or longer. Volunteers are asked to work a maximum of 5 days weekly, with a maximum of 4 hours per day.
- With volunteers who have teaching certificates and commit to joining us at least for 3 months, we will support you with an allowance of $150 to 200 per month from the second month.
Sleeping: As already mentioned, food and accommodation will be provided for the volunteers who stay for 2 weeks or longer. Free accommodation when you stay at our home.
Linen & Laundry: Do your laundry in our laundry room.
Eating: Free breakfast, lunch, and dinner (delicious of course).
Transport: Confirm your flight and send us the flight information so that we can pick you up from the airport and take you to the bus terminal to catch a ‘Bed seat’ on the coach to Ha Giang which will take around 7 hrs. Prepare your visa, and luggage and leave everything else to us. We will be sending you detailed information on how to apply for your Visa and how to proceed with your trip to Ha Giang. You will receive a warm welcome in every school and classroom you enter.
Amenities & Preferences
- We would like to welcome volunteers who can be with us for at least two weeks, more if possible.
- Free WIFI.
- Educational Excursions (Tourist) are organized by our staff and also by you.
- We welcome males, females, singles, couples & we would love to hear from older volunteers too.
More Volunteering Opportunities
- Be a hotel volunteer in Malaysia for bed & board.
- Help to build a jungle paradise while volunteering in southern Thailand.
- Help with English Teaching and Conversation in Hanoi, Vietnam
- Be a Airbnb Hosting Assistant in Canada
- Join our Climate Compliance 6 month Program in the Caribbean
- Help on a Vegan Organic Garden in Hawaii, United States
- Colombia Teaching Placement in South America
- Farm Volunteering & Living in Argentina
- Teach English Chile
- Enjoy a Backpacker Hostel Work Stay in Arica, Chile
Posts by us
- Guide to seeing the world for next to nothing as an English teacher
- Going to southeast Asia? Here’s the visa guide
- What you need to know before renting a motorbike in Vietnam
- 7 steps to finding your calling
- My experience of volunteering in Laos and what you need to know
- Volunteer honeymoon in Thailand – a meaningful start to married life