Be part of a great organization that is helping restore the native flora of the Midwest. Join us and enjoy the midwestern hospitality!
Volunteer in Missouri, USA – requirements and tasks
‘Hamilton Native Outpost’ strives to provide a variety of adapted native plants and the knowledge to establish and maintain them for ecosystem restoration, wildlife habitat, grazing, and beauty in low-maintenance landscapes. Livestock adapted to the environment is a complementary enterprise.
We need help with mostly hand tool removal of invasive species/plants. On-the-job training of native and non-native plant species will be provided. Also some planting, and harvesting by hand. Working with cattle and bison herds. Fence repair. Vehicle maintenance, order fulfillment and computer work.
We’re open from May to June. We provide a three bedroom 1 1/2 bath. Room for a family, single person, group of helpers, possible shared space, and boondocking available.
Field management, mostly hand tools, fence mending, possible bison or cattle management.
The schedule is flexible, we can discuss it. We’ll ask you for help for about 32 hours a week.
Volunteer in Missouri, USA – what we offer
Ozark National Scenic Riverways is a short drive away! Foraging and fishing are available right on the property. The town is not far away with plenty of options for groceries and dining.
3 bedroom, one and half bath. Electric and propane are provided. Crystal clear well water. This can be for a family or a mix of helpers. Some boondocking options are available.
More volunteering opportunities in North America
- Volunteer & be a helping hand on a growing homestead in Maine, USA
- Pet and house sitting opportunity in Los Angeles, California
- Help this bed and breakfast while volunteering in Quebec, Canada
- Help to renovate a house while volunteering in Puerto Rico.
- Build and experience an off-grid homestead while volunteering in Kentucky, USA.
- Help this family as an au pair in California.
- Volunteer at a campsite in Canada for free.
- Mexican Hostel Helping. Volunteer For Free & Explore Mexico.